Spin SP714-51 will not connect to external monitor

Options
stanleywinthrop
stanleywinthrop Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
Please help, as I am beyond frustrated by this problem.  My Spin refuses to connect to an external monitor.  I have tried both the Acer OEM USB C to HDMI adapter and a third party adapter.  I have tried 2 different monitors.  All my drivers (including BIOS) appear to be up to date.  Yet every time I plug in it refuses to detect an external monitor.  Please Help!!!

Answers

• stanleywinthrop
    Options
    Also, I forgot to mention that I have tried 2 different HDMI cables.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Hello! Good Morning!
    When you connect the external monitor, is it identified in the device manager? Did you press fn + f5 or windows + p to transfer the image to the external monitor?
    Make sure upgrading drivers with driverbooster solves the problem!
    Try this: right-click the desktop, go to Display Settings and click Detect!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • stanleywinthrop
    Options
    Thank you for your reply.  

1.  Yes, I have windows button + p to switch the device and it does not work.
    2.  Display Settings/detect display does not work at all
    3.  I have manually verified the relevant drivers are up to date (i think) but I am not familiar with driverboost.  Can you explain further?
    4.  I do not think the monitor is detected when I go to device manager

If you have any other suggestions, please share.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    You have to connect the headset and then go to the program! In analog, the black icon should be dark black and not gray because it detects when the handset is active! Then double-click the left mouse button and the options will appear!
    If this icon does not turn dark black, use the driverbooster to update the notebook drivers and try again!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)