Boot Password and Caps Lock

Options
LenInSebastopol
LenInSebastopol Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

edited August 2023 in 2018 Archives
Password asked to complete boot up to Win 10. On my 5-576 there is no indication that CAPS LOCK is on or off.
Is there a way or workaround?
TIA,
=Len

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Options
    LenInSebastopol 
    Windows 10 Caps lock indicator not working issue, you would better to come up with a way to fix it rather than be confused about it. It is a feasible patch for you to open on-screen keyboard when you login to Windows 10.
    >>When you choose to use the On-screen keyboard, you are able to enter the passwords without the caps lock indicator on Windows 10. The on-screen mouse can be a good alternative for you if there is no caps lock indicator on Windows 10 when you are inputting the passwords.

>>Since these days laptop manufacturers are inclined to remove the Caps Lock indicator lights, you might need to make use of notification sounds. So, to make your Windows 10 play a notification sound every time you press the Caps Lock key, use the instructions below:
    Click on the Windows icon on your Taskbar. Click on the gear icon to open the Settings app.
    Choose the Ease of Access section. Select Keyboard from the left pane.
    Navigate to Toggle Keys. Toggle on the option ‘Hear a tone when you press Caps Lock, Num Lock, and Scroll Lock’.
    You will hear a special sound when you enable or disable Caps Lock, Num Lock, or Scroll Lock on your keyboard.

>>Now let’s configure your computer to provide an on-screen notification Caps Lock was turned on:
    After enabling Toggle keys, select Other options from the Ease of Access menu.
    Navigate to Visual notifications for sound. Choose the desirable option.
    You will see visual notifications whenever you hit Caps Lock, Num Lock, or Scroll Lock.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • LenInSebastopol
    LenInSebastopol Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Options
    Excellent answer.
    My problem is that PRIOR TO Windows, icons, setting and all. 
    When I enter my first (initial) password to get to the desktop, how can I tell if the CAPS key is on or off?
    My password is case sensitive, so knowing if it is on or off is important.
    Thank you for your immediate and excellent response.