next@acer 2020

3.5mm Headset not picking up - Helios 300

hoovs007hoovs007 Member Posts: 2 New User
Predator G3-571

I normally use a USB Headset, which works fine and detects under Playback Devices. When I switched over to a 3.5mm Headset, I can use it just fine as normal headphones but the microphone doesn't detect. I always do Windows Updates and I have the latest drivers installed.

I remember when I first had the laptop and I would plug something into the headphone jack, it would ask what device I plugged in and give me a list of options. I picked headphones and saved it as default. Could that be the issue?

Best Answer

• hoovs007hoovs007 Posts: 2 New User
    Accepted Answer
    Was able to fix it myself. C:\Program Files\Realtek\Audio\HDA\RAVCpl64.exe and that opens up HD Audio Manager. Then on the right hand, it shows what is connected to analog, and I right clicked and re-tasked the connector from headphones to headset.

FAQ & Answers

• hoovs007hoovs007 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Accepted Answer
    Was able to fix it myself. C:\Program Files\Realtek\Audio\HDA\RAVCpl64.exe and that opens up HD Audio Manager. Then on the right hand, it shows what is connected to analog, and I right clicked and re-tasked the connector from headphones to headset.
  • kekaju123kekaju123 Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

OMG yes! Bless you bro. I've been doing all sorts of stuff and nothing worked and then I read this and boom! It did! Thank you!
  • Samoa4u2Samoa4u2 Member Posts: 1 New User
    My headphone doesn't work, I replaced it today and still no sound out if my headphone Jack. Drivers are up to date
  • Aarondhp28Aarondhp28 Member Posts: 2 New User
    hoovs007 said:

When I right click the black analog jacks in the HD Audio Manager, nothing at all happens. So I guess I'm not able to use this fix. 
  • geoblanarugeoblanaru Member Posts: 1 New User
    In Windows 10 search for "Realtek Audio Console". Then in Device advanced settings" tab, you will find Connector Retasking!
    Change to Headset/Headphones.
    Done! 
    I hope it helps!