Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

3.5mm Headset not picking up - Helios 300

hoovs007hoovs007 Posts: 2Member New User
Predator G3-571

I normally use a USB Headset, which works fine and detects under Playback Devices. When I switched over to a 3.5mm Headset, I can use it just fine as normal headphones but the microphone doesn't detect. I always do Windows Updates and I have the latest drivers installed.

I remember when I first had the laptop and I would plug something into the headphone jack, it would ask what device I plugged in and give me a list of options. I picked headphones and saved it as default. Could that be the issue?

Best Answer

• hoovs007hoovs007 Posts: 2 New User
    Accepted Answer
    Was able to fix it myself. C:\Program Files\Realtek\Audio\HDA\RAVCpl64.exe and that opens up HD Audio Manager. Then on the right hand, it shows what is connected to analog, and I right clicked and re-tasked the connector from headphones to headset.

FAQ & Answers

• hoovs007hoovs007 Posts: 2Member New User
    Accepted Answer
    Was able to fix it myself. C:\Program Files\Realtek\Audio\HDA\RAVCpl64.exe and that opens up HD Audio Manager. Then on the right hand, it shows what is connected to analog, and I right clicked and re-tasked the connector from headphones to headset.
  • kekaju123kekaju123 Posts: 8Member

Tinkerer

OMG yes! Bless you bro. I've been doing all sorts of stuff and nothing worked and then I read this and boom! It did! Thank you!
  • Samoa4u2Samoa4u2 Posts: 1Member New User
    My headphone doesn't work, I replaced it today and still no sound out if my headphone Jack. Drivers are up to date