High CPU Temperatures while Idle and Gaming [Acer Predator 15 G9-593]

MrFriendism
MrFriendism Member Posts: 25 Troubleshooter
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hello, I have purchased New Acer Predator 15 - G9-593 2-3 days back. But I am facing high-temp issues with this laptop's CPU.

While idle, Temp. are 40-55 (max fan speed is ON)
While Gaming, Temp. are 70-93 (max fan speed is ON).

Could you please tell me, If it's fine or is it over-heating?

Specific Model Number: G9-593 NH.Q1YSI.006

Processor: Intel 7th Gen i7 7700HQ Processor
GPU: GTX 1060 6GB
RAM: 16 GB
SSD: 128 GB (Kept for OS)
HDD: 1TB (For Games)

Thanks

Answers

• sri369
    sri369 ACE Posts: 2,623 Pathfinder
    edited July 2018
    1. Keep fans on auto, and cool boost on.
    2. What is your CPU and GPU usage when idle?

Something like below:

Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045
  • MrFriendism
    edited July 2018
    Hi @sri369, Thanks for the reply.

1. I don't have the same PredatorSense as you are having. How come you have different Predator Sense than mine?

I don't see the options for the mentioned changes you have asked for in my Predator Sense.

2. Here are the stats:

GPU

CPU

• sri369

1. I don't have the same PredatorSense as you are having. How come you have different Predator Sense than mine?
    I don't see the options for the mentioned changes you have asked for in my Predator Sense.

2. Here are the stats:
    Model difference... mine is a G3-572 - i7 & 1060 @ 15" screen. That's why we have different ones.

If the temps in your PredatorSense are the ones you are talking about, you are good to go buddy. They are normal temperatures. Also keep in mind that your location and room temperature too plays a big role in idle temps of laptops.
    CPU and GPU usage are pretty much the normal idling levels.

You could try undervolting the CPU (this could lower the temps by 10-15 degrees celsius), and also an external usb fan too helps (another about 5 degrees). I also upped the height of laptop by about an inch by adding a few feltpads under each of the four points where laptop touches the table.
    These increasing height and CPU undervolting helped quite a bit. And external usb fan helps when doing cpu intensive tasks.
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045
  • Red-Sand
    Red-Sand ACE Posts: 1,892 Pathfinder
    edited July 2018
    Hello, I have purchased New Acer Predator 15 - G9-593 2-3 days back. But I am facing high-temp issues with this laptop's CPU.

Thanks
    93 C is a pretty high temperature.. mine never goes past 70 C.
    I made a few videos for the PH317-51 Helios model but you have the same CPU & GPU so you can follow the guides as well.
    Here's a link to the channel, check out all the videos and let me know the results.
    Recommended:
    Throttlestop Remix video
    &
    GPU Undervolt video

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNJwGUHxSJ8FKqAhnOqQuAw
    - Hotel Hero
  • MrFriendism
    edited July 2018
    sri369 said:

2. Here are the stats:
    Model difference... mine is a G3-572 - i7 & 1060 @ 15" screen. That's why we have different ones.

If the temps in your PredatorSense are the ones you are talking about, you are good to go buddy. They are normal temperatures. Also keep in mind that your location and room temperature too plays a big role in idle temps of laptops.
    CPU and GPU usage are pretty much the normal idling levels.

You could try undervolting the CPU (this could lower the temps by 10-15 degrees celsius), and also an external usb fan too helps (another about 5 degrees). I also upped the height of laptop by about an inch by adding a few feltpads under each of the four points where laptop touches the table.
    These increasing height and CPU undervolting helped quite a bit. And external usb fan helps when doing cpu intensive tasks.
    Hi, Thanks again for the reply.

1. Well, These are the temp. of just restart - idle. (AC Running in the room right now)

Temp. of the room around 27-30 Deg. C.

Is it normal to have 60 Deg to 65 Deg at the time of booting + opening of startup processes and apps?

2. How do I enable the CoolBoost which you have recommended since in my PredatorSense I don't see any option.

3. When I am gaming, My temp. rises to 95 deg. c Isn't this an abnormally high temp?

4. I don't see any guide to undervolt this particular model laptop. Could you help me in undervolting?

5. How much temp. do you get max. when you do gaming or cpu-intensive work?

6. How much should be the normal range of temp. if I am gaming?

7. Could you please upload the image of the feetpads you are talking about which has helped you to increase the height between the laptop and the surface and tell me, How can I do one for myself as well?

Thanks.

• MrFriendism
    Red-Sand said:

Thanks
    I made a few videos for the PH317-51 Helios model but you have the same CPU & GPU so you can follow the guides as well.
    Here's a link to the channel, check out all the videos and let me know the results.
    Recommended:
    Throttlestop Remix video
    &
    GPU Undervolt video

Hi, Thanks for the reply.

1. How much temp. according to you I should get while gaming (normal range)?

2. How much should be the idle range of temp. while system is idle?

3. What other measures do you take apart from the undervolting to keep your laptop cool?

Thanks.
  • Red-Sand
    edited July 2018
    Red-Sand said:

Thanks
    Recommended:
    Throttlestop Remix video
    &
    GPU Undervolt video

Hi, Thanks for the reply.

1. How much temp. according to you I should get while gaming (normal range)?

2. How much should be the idle range of temp. while system is idle?

3. What other measures do you take apart from the undervolting to keep your laptop cool?

Thanks.
    Actually these chips are designed to run at temperatures of 90+ C and Intel will tell you these temps are fine... I disagree.
    I personally (10+ years as a hardware tech) would like my laptops to be at maximum 80 C. Decent temperatures being 70-75 and at best 60-69.

Due to thermal dissipation limitations involved in a laptops smaller chassis the higher the temperatures the more it effects the hardware around it.

I own a Helios 300, a Helios 500 and a Predator 17 and on each of them I am able to maintain a idle temperature of 26-30 C at 0% CPU idle usage.
    Normal tasks such as browsing etc should render temperatures around 40-50 C with the occasional spike.
    While gaming will produce max temps of up to 80 C (75 being the optimum temperature to shoot for) and of course if lower the better.

To be honest I dont use any other methods to cool my system (no cooling pad, no super low ambient temps etc). All of my temperatures are the same no matter where I use or what I do.

In the videos shown I balance the energy performance profile of the Intel speedstep technology while undervolting and pairing the best CPU clock to compliment the GPU its teamed with.
    The GPU undervolt/overclocks are the results of months of testing to find the highest stable clock speeds at much lower voltages which in turn allows the GPU to reach its highest clock speeds and maintain them without fluctuations.

For example:
    My GPU "Max Q" undervolt profile (1060) sets the GPU clock speed at 1721mhz while utilizing 800mV.
    A real Max Q gpu (1060) runs at 16XXmhz at 1025mV.
    So with a few tweaks I can replicate and improve on the new technology released by nvidia.

P.S. Coolboost is enabled in Acer Quick Access I believe for your model laptop.
    - Hotel Hero
  • MrFriendism
    edited July 2018
    Red-Sand said:
    Actually these chips are designed to run at temperatures of 90+ C and Intel will tell you these temps are fine... I disagree.
    I personally (10+ years as a hardware tech) would like my laptops to be at maximum 80 C. Decent temperatures being 70-75 and at best 60-69.

Due to thermal dissipation limitations involved in a laptops smaller chassis the higher the temperatures the more it effects the hardware around it.

I own a Helios 300, a Helios 500 and a Predator 17 and on each of them I am able to maintain a idle temperature of 26-30 C at 0% CPU idle usage.
    Normal tasks such as browsing etc should render temperatures around 40-50 C with the occasional spike.
    While gaming will produce max temps of up to 80 C (75 being the optimum temperature to shoot for) and of course if lower the better.

To be honest I dont use any other methods to cool my system (no cooling pad, no super low ambient temps etc). All of my temperatures are the same no matter where I use or what I do.

In the videos shown I balance the energy performance profile of the Intel speedstep technology while undervolting and pairing the best CPU clock to compliment the GPU its teamed with.
    The GPU undervolt/overclocks are the results of months of testing to find the highest stable clock speeds at much lower voltages which in turn allows the GPU to reach its highest clock speeds and maintain them without fluctuations.

For example:
    My GPU "Max Q" undervolt profile (1060) sets the GPU clock speed at 1721mhz while utilizing 800mV.
    So with a few tweaks I can replicate and improve on the new technology released by nvidia.

Hi, Thanks for the reply again. I will be trying your videos soon but if you can answer me these:

1. These are the temp. of 20 min. gaming of Rainbow Six Siege with CoolBoost Enabled + Max Fan Speed Enabled. Do you think if these are fine or there is something wrong?

2. Why does my Laptop's temp. spike to 60s-70s whenever I reboot my system and windows loads. It happens the same when I open Chrome, Steam, Any Game or anything. It goes back to normal ranges of 60s and 50s then. (For Gaming it goes back to 60s and 70s after the spikes).

Also, Why does it spike to 85 Deg. Celsius even?

3. You have mentioned your Gaming Temp. in your previous message but what is your spiked temp. at max (Core-Temp or HWINFO)?

4. Do you think, if there is something seriously wrong with my newly bought laptop like hardware or manufacturing defect? Since, I am getting really very high temp. (Warranty) If you need any sort of testing, I can do that and let you know the results which might help you know the better and decide?

5. I have a friend of mine who has a laptop from other well known company with i7 7700HQ and GTX 1070 (It's the same CPU we both have). His temp. are max to max. 65 Deg. Celsius while gaming and 70 Deg. only if he's doing a very heavy stress loaded work. He lives in the same country with the same ambient temperature. He is talking about the Cooling Technology his Laptop's brand is having which Acer isn't doing well according to him. How come my 1 week old Laptop has poor cooling as compared to his one year old laptop?

(P.S.: I could have mentioned the Laptop's Model and Brand but I don't know the messages are getting deleted within 1 min. of posting. I think new user can't mention the competition brands. So If just for the knowledge you want to know the laptop's name, I will PM you. I don't mean to promote other brands, I just want to solve my case of overheating).

6. I have enabled the CoolBoost from Acer Quick but I couldn't find the settings for the Auto Fan Speeds. Could you tell me Where can I find it?

Also, Why my PredatorSense doesn't have CoolBoost and Auto Fan settings in it as other's have in theirs?

My PredatorSense is like this: (I don't mean to show you temp. This is just a screenshot to show How my PredatorSense is and it's different from what you and other's use.

Other Information about myself which might help you troubleshooting:

I own a nice PC also which is in the same room as my Laptop. It has Intel i7 4790K with Corsair's H100i Liquid Cooling Solution. GPU: GTX 970.

It's temp. is max to max. 60 Deg. Celsius while gaming. It doesn't spike to 70s or 80s like my laptop is doing.

Thanks.

• Red-Sand
    Red-Sand said:

For example:

Hi, Thanks for the reply again. I will be trying your videos soon but if you can answer me these:

1. These are the temp. of 20 min. gaming of Rainbow Six Siege with CoolBoost Enabled + Max Fan Speed Enabled. Do you think if these are fine or there is something wrong?

2. Why does my Laptop's temp. spike to 60s-70s whenever I reboot my system and windows loads. It happens the same when I open Chrome, Steam, Any Game or anything. It goes back to normal ranges of 60s and 50s then. (For Gaming it goes back to 60s and 70s after the spikes).

Also, Why does it spike to 85 Deg. Celsius even?

3. You have mentioned your Gaming Temp. in your previous message but what is your spiked temp. at max (Core-Temp or HWINFO)?

4. Do you think, if there is something seriously wrong with my newly bought laptop like hardware or manufacturing defect? Since, I am getting really very high temp. (Warranty) If you need any sort of testing, I can do that and let you know the results which might help you know the better and decide?

5. I have a friend of mine who has a laptop from other well known company with i7 7700HQ and GTX 1070 (It's the same CPU we both have). His temp. are max to max. 65 Deg. Celsius while gaming and 70 Deg. only if he's doing a very heavy stress loaded work. He lives in the same country with the same ambient temperature. He is talking about the Cooling Technology his Laptop's brand is having which Acer isn't doing well according to him. How come my 1 week old Laptop has poor cooling as compared to his one year old laptop?

(P.S.: I could have mentioned the Laptop's Model and Brand but I don't know the messages are getting deleted within 1 min. of posting. I think new user can't mention the competition brands. So If just for the knowledge you want to know the laptop's name, I will PM you. I don't mean to promote other brands, I just want to solve my case of overheating).

6. I have enabled the CoolBoost from Acer Quick but I couldn't find the settings for the Auto Fan Speeds. Could you tell me Where can I find it?

Also, Why my PredatorSense doesn't have CoolBoost and Auto Fan settings in it as other's have in theirs?

My PredatorSense is like this: (I don't mean to show you temp. This is just a screenshot to show How my PredatorSense is and it's different from what you and other's use.

Other Information about myself which might help you troubleshooting:

I own a nice PC also which is in the same room as my Laptop. It has Intel i7 4790K with Corsair's H100i Liquid Cooling Solution. GPU: GTX 970.

It's temp. is max to max. 60 Deg. Celsius while gaming. It doesn't spike to 70s or 80s like my laptop is doing.

Thanks.

That's too bad. I'd love to know what laptop hes using to have a i7-7700HQ maxing at 65 C while gaming. In my line of work I am privileged enough to try any brand and calibur I'd like. And from my extensive testing experience I've never seen any laptop operate at that temperature while gaming (i7 - 1070) stock out of box.
    It could very well be that he has over undervolted the CPU core to the extreme such as -0.300 and left his CPU cache offset to for example -0.125 which would show very low temps and even on screen displays would show his CPU click speed running normally, when in fact its not.
    Or that he has disabled Turbo Boost which is a quite common "fix" for most or lessening maximum processor performance in windows power menu.
    Or hes just not playing a very graphic intensive game and hes simply undervolted.

In any case there is a underlying factor that's being missed in this conversation.

Predator senses auto fan feature is enabled by default and max fans is set through Predator Senses settings.

Other Predator Senses are different as they are customized to each model.

Since it appears your not familiar with gaming systems let me ease your mind.
    The i7-7700HQ has a thermal throttling point of 95 C. These CPUs are designed to reach this temperature and then they throttle to a lower clock speed to lower temperatures. So even if you were to reach 90 C consistently, that temperature is within manufacturers operating guidelines and causes no damage to your system. 
    So dont freak out! Lol

Now even though that temperature is fine to operate with, it's not a temperature anyone likes to have.
    Please follow my videos first and see the results as I think you will be pleasantly suprised. Even just following the throttlestop guide will drop your temperatures drastically.

As far as your friend you've mentioned, there is no system available today that operates with a 7700HQ at 65 C on a AAA game anywhere in the world without undervolting and optimizing your system.
    I suggest you ask your friend what hes done and perhaps have him assist you in applying such tweaks to your system.
    Although I strongly suggest the use of throttlestop over XTU.
    - Hotel Hero
  • MrFriendism
    Hi, Thanks for the reply @Red-Sand. I really appreciate your help.
    Red-Sand said:
    That's too bad. I'd love to know what laptop hes using to have a i7-7700HQ maxing at 65 C while gaming. In my line of work I am privileged enough to try any brand and calibur I'd like. And from my extensive testing experience I've never seen any laptop operate at that temperature while gaming (i7 - 1070) stock out of box.
    It could very well be that he has over undervolted the CPU core to the extreme such as -0.300 and left his CPU cache offset to for example -0.125 which would show very low temps and even on screen displays would show his CPU click speed running normally, when in fact its not.
    Or that he has disabled Turbo Boost which is a quite common "fix" for most or lessening maximum processor performance in windows power menu.
    Or hes just not playing a very graphic intensive game and hes simply undervolted.

In any case there is a underlying factor that's being missed in this conversation.
    > I did ask him multiple questions and his answers were like this:

Did you Undervolt? His Reply: No.
    Did you turn-off Turbo Boost: No.

He did mention that the Cooling Tech of his Laptop's company is best and handles the temp. very well for him to keep it 65 Deg. C.
    Red-Sand said:
    As far as your friend you've mentioned, there is no system available today that operates with a 7700HQ at 65 C on a AAA game anywhere in the world without undervolting and optimizing your system.
    I suggest you ask your friend what hes done and perhaps have him assist you in applying such tweaks to your system.
    > We both plays the same game and the game is Rainbow Six Siege. He plays on Medium Settings and I'm myself playing on Medium only.

Questions:

1. I am going to test your Undervolting Videos. But I had one doubt, All of them are based upon the Acer Predator Helios. How am I suppose to replicate them or use them for knowledge for my Laptop. I'm not very much technically good when it comes to undervolting or overclocking.

2. Does Undervolting voids my Warranty?

3. How can one turn-off the Turbo Boost of Intel and keep it on the base speed? Also, Is it wise (right) decision to turn it off?

Thanks.
  • Red-Sand
    edited July 2018
    Hi, Thanks for the reply @Red-Sand. I really appreciate your help.
    Red-Sand said:

> I did ask him multiple questions and his answers were like this:

Did you Undervolt? His Reply: No.
    Did you turn-off Turbo Boost: No.

He did mention that the Cooling Tech of his Laptop's company is best and handles the temp. very well for him to keep it 65 Deg. C.
    Red-Sand said:
    > We both plays the same game and the game is Rainbow Six Siege. He plays on Medium Settings and I'm myself playing on Medium only.

Questions:

1. I am going to test your Undervolting Videos. But I had one doubt, All of them are based upon the Acer Predator Helios. How am I suppose to replicate them or use them for knowledge for my Laptop. I'm not very much technically good when it comes to undervolting or overclocking.

2. Does Undervolting voids my Warranty?

3. How can one turn-off the Turbo Boost of Intel and keep it on the base speed? Also, Is it wise (right) decision to turn it off?

Thanks.
    1) Your CPU is the same as the one shown I  the video (i7-7700HQ) and it works for any laptop with that CPU installed. It even works for my Predator 17.

2) No it doesnt void warranty. Just follow my video precisely and you'll have no problems. If you choose to experiment with the program I recommend doing research or asking me prior to making adjustments.

3)You can disable turbo boost in throttlestop. But I do not recommend doing so. Why have a powerful CPU if your not going to use it? 😉

Your friend using medium settings might very well maintain those temperatures. But he would have to at the very least optimize his windows for gaming. Even though I find it hard to believe.
    I have a video for basic windows optimization I recommend you follow as well, it's very simple.

Follow throttlestop guide and windows optimization guide and test your game.

FYI: The Predator line has a very efficient cooling system. Not a "fan boy" statement.. it's a fact.

In my Helios 300 I can stay below 65C for CPU and 60 C for GPU and score 10800+ on the firestrike benchmark (1060) which is higher then a desktop 1060's performance and temperatures. It's just about finding the sweet spot for your system. A stock 1060 GPU scores 9000ish on the firestrike out of box. And a Helios only has two heat pipes running to its CPU. My Predator 17 has similar results for the 1070.
    Again I would be very interested in more information about your friends "unoptimized" system as I probably own that system as well.
    - Hotel Hero
  • MrFriendism
    edited July 2018
    Hi @Red-Sand, I'm seriously thankful to you for the reply.

1) Your CPU is the same as the one shown I  the video (i7-7700HQ) and it works for any laptop with that CPU installed. It even works for my Predator 17.
    > 1. Okay, I am going to follow the steps as you have shown in your video. There is one thing I had doubt about is that at one point in the starting of the new remix video. You have made some changes in the PredatorSense which I can't do (Since I don't have the same PredatorSense. Could you tell me, What shall I do in that to replicate those steps)?

3)You can disable turbo boost in throttlestop. But I do not recommend doing so. Why have a powerful CPU if your not going to use it? 😉
    > 2. I think you have disabled turbo boost in your initial undervolting video right? Aren't you disabling the Turbo in your latest remix video (I'm not sure about this because you have worked with something like Base Speeds by manually entering the numbers)?

Initial Video (Where you disabled the Turbo): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1rs92CiYxU

New Video (Where you made numerical changes to reduce the speed of CPU): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3v3o21M8gg

Follow throttlestop guide and windows optimization guide and test your game.
    > 3. I should follow the ThrottleStop Guide before the Windows Optimization? Tell me the sequence.

4. I will follow each and everything you have done for the same processor - CPU and GPU as we match. But just in case if I get into a problem like: Not able to Boot or something? Is there any solution for that with you without going to Service Center? (I'm asking this because I think Undervolting and OC are some serious stuff, I did OC my GTX 1060 but that was Desktop. Desktop are fine but Laptop is something I never understood as I used to use MacBook (which doesn't have all this OC and UnderVolting) and it's my first high-end Windows Laptop and I'm pretty much new to it).

Let's see, If I can ever come to know his secrets of cooling haha. I'm not sure about his stuff because he stays in the different city.

Thanks for the help. And your video are superb quality. Wish you could make yourself to ACE (Just came to know few minutes back about it).

• MrFriendism
    edited July 2018
    Continuation Post..... (4 Questions are in the Above Post)

5. Why don't Acer make such optimization as the stock settings instead of leaving it to the community to fix it? 
  • sri369
    edited July 2018
    Continuation Post..... (4 Questions are in the Above Post)

5. Why don't Acer make such optimization as the stock settings instead of leaving it to the community to fix it? 
    Acer did some and actually allows users to turbo on power, and allowing to control fan speeds and such... but Windows 10 notoriously breaks with every new release. The sleep wake failing issue is not just on Acer, but also in other laptops such as Dell.
    Also, many manufacturers do not allow fine tuning of processors like few companies like Asus do.

To answer your question:
    1. Use ThrottleStop... if anything fails and laptop does not start.. technically this case should not happen since TS asks for elevated admin rights at every start. Just skip that, and you should be good.
    2. Disable "fast startup" option under power settings. This takes care of every app being closed on shut down, and clean started on every single startup after shut down.
    3. Also, in case your user is an admin (ideally one shouldn't be using admin user for day to day work for various security reasons), login into safe mode, and delete or rename the "ini" file in the ThrottleStop folder. This will reset TS to its defaults.
    The throttle stop guide already comes with all steps in proper sequence. And the software is very easy to use.

Most notebooks come with processors working at reduced performance to allow for high battery and low temperatures. Of late laptops have come to a level of replacing desktops. And our expectations on their performance have increased and even compare many to desktop counterparts. This disallowed manufacturers from switching to "mobile version" (down scaled counterpart of desktop version), and these are very demanding in power.

By the way, did you notice that Windows 10 defaults all devices to high performance mode in both power and battery modes. There is nothing Acer can do to this, maybe except by supplying with a custom power plan, and this can be easily overwritten with a new Windows 10 feature update.

I have attached my power plan to this post... try using this. This balances between performance and battery life, allows for CPU cores to "park" when not being used. By default windows does not allow cores to be parked, and to be active all the time irrespective of how idle the system may be. Also this plan optimizes the scale up and scale down of speed steps (does not interfere with other software like ThrottleStop and such). I did this by enable many hidden power options and optimizing them. If you haven't enabled them, they just won't be visible but be working in the background.
    Using this plan uses CPU as needed parking all cores if not used reducing temps and battery usage, and turning on all to full as needed without impacting performance.
    Rename the file from txt to pow and import it with powercfg command as an administrator.
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ---------
  • sri369
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ---------
  • MrFriendism
    sri369 said:
    Hi. Thanks for the reply. What sort of material is you have used to make a height for your laptop?
  • MrFriendism
    edited July 2018
    Hi @Red-Sand, I have done all the steps so far you have mentioned in those videos and I have followed your Windows Optimization Video as well to disable many of the feedback and background stuff which aren't required.

But I have some questions if you could answer?

1. Whenever I run the test-bench for the Bench Profile (On AC as Power Source). The max. clock it was able to reach was 30 only. It doesn't reach 34. (I have mentioned the Core 1 and 2 as 34 only in FIVR).

2. I'm seeing that as soon as I reach the higher speed (Core Speeds), my temp. also rises. And if I disable the Turbo, It remains cool. Like Battery Profile is Cooler than AC Profile. Is it normal?

3. Some of the Test Bench for AC Power and Battery Power:

AC POWER (CoolBoost: Enabled || Max Fan Speed: Disabled)

BATTERY POWER (CoolBoost: Enabled || Max Fan Speed: Disabled)

4. ThrottleStop can change the profile itself based upon the power source right? I mean if I am on AC Power, It will shift to AC Profile and if I am on Battery as Power Source, it will shift to Battery Profile?

5. I have not undervolted (optimizations) for the GPU right now, Is that fine for now?

6.Is there any other steps which you might want to mention apart from what is in your video because your video is 4 months old and it is possible that a tech. person like you must have found some new settings to do which might be better (there is always a room for better performance hehe) Just asking, nothing serious or any kind of criticism.

I want to thank you in advance for helping me out and answering the questions @Red-Sand. :)

• Red-Sand
    Hi @Red-Sand, I have done all the steps so far you have mentioned in those videos and I have followed your Windows Optimization Video as well to disable many of the feedback and background stuff which aren't required.

But I have some questions if you could answer?

1. Whenever I run the test-bench for the Bench Profile (On AC as Power Source). The max. clock it was able to reach was 30 only. It doesn't reach 34. (I have mentioned the Core 1 and 2 as 34 only in FIVR).

2. I'm seeing that as soon as I reach the higher speed (Core Speeds), my temp. also rises. And if I disable the Turbo, It remains cool. Like Battery Profile is Cooler than AC Profile. Is it normal?

3. Some of the Test Bench for AC Power and Battery Power:

AC POWER (CoolBoost: Enabled || Max Fan Speed: Disabled)

BATTERY POWER (CoolBoost: Enabled || Max Fan Speed: Disabled)

4. ThrottleStop can change the profile itself based upon the power source right? I mean if I am on AC Power, It will shift to AC Profile and if I am on Battery as Power Source, it will shift to Battery Profile?

5. I have not undervolted (optimizations) for the GPU right now, Is that fine for now?

6.Is there any other steps which you might want to mention apart from what is in your video because your video is 4 months old and it is possible that a tech. person like you must have found some new settings to do which might be better (there is always a room for better performance hehe) Just asking, nothing serious or any kind of criticism.

I want to thank you in advance for helping me out and answering the questions @Red-Sand. :)

Can you please share your FIVR and TPL settings
    - Hotel Hero
  • sri369
    Hi. Thanks for the reply. What sort of material is you have used to make a height for your laptop?
    Something like this --> https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XG8GHYD

Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ---------
  • sri369
    edited July 2018
    Also, try not to test via benchmarks for they depend on a variety of factors. Set things to your liking, run the software you frequently use and check if its performance is acceptable. If happy, keep it as it is. Why strive to be a Cheetah in speed when you could be a Lion with lower speed but more efficiency n power?

Also here is the benchmark you asked to see on the profile I sent to you earlier.

Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ---------