High Loading Time on Rainbow Six Siege? [Acer Predator 15 G9-593]

MrFriendism
MrFriendism Member Posts: 25 Troubleshooter
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
Hello, I have purchased Acer Predator 15 G9-593 just 3 days back and I have installed Steam, Uplay and Rainbow Six Siege inside the same Directory Volume that is D Drive.

But I am having huge load time in-game (time is taken to load the maps after the operator is selected and the wait time is zero).

Now, I have asked many of my friends which are using Laptops (a lot cheaper with older generation Intel i3 or i5 Processors and a poor performance GPU) and their game loads instantly.

My Internet is faster than them, My Laptop is faster than them (In terms of Processor and GPU). I have more RAM then them.

Please help me.

Specific Model Number: G9-593 NH.Q1YSI.006

Processor: Intel 7th Gen i7 7700HQ Processor
GPU: GTX 1060 6GB
RAM: 16 GB
SSD: 128 GB (Kept for OS)
HDD: 1TB (For Steam, Uplay and Rainbow Six Siege)

No Other Background apps which isn't required is not running.

Thanks.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    Have you tried setting power options to high performance on battery alone and plugged in? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• MrFriendism
    JackE said:
    Have you tried setting power options to high performance on battery alone and plugged in? Jack E/NJ
    Hi, Thanks for the reply. Are you talking about the slider which opens when we click on the battery icon?

Also, Does it increase the heat/temperature of laptop if I do it max?
  • JackE
    Not sure about a slider unless you inadvertantly clicked on the speaker icon. If you slide the speaker slider to max you might rupture an eardrum but not increase the laptop temperature by much. =) Clicking on battery icon should bring up a screen that you click on power/sleep settings. Unhide additional plans if needed. Select high performance. Check change plan settings to see if you like the default high performance settings.  Then save it to see what happens. If it significantly shortens load time, then yes I expect the laptop to get warmer. Noticeably so? Who knows? Try it. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• MrFriendism
    Okay. I have reduced the graphics settings of the game as well to improve the loading time.

Tell me one thing, One my Laptop is unplugged with 100% Battery. But then also, I am not getting 60 FPS. My frames get locked at 30 FPS when I play the game and not in the menu.

Please help.
  • JackE
    >>>unplugged with 100% Battery. But then also, I am not getting 60 FPS. My frames get locked at 30 FPS when I play the game and not in the menu.>>>

Yep. That's how it's designed to work....automatically....in order to save the battery from being drained too quickly. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ