VESA mounting for XZ271U

Options
lesseffective
lesseffective Member Posts: 1 New User
My understanding is that it's possible to VESA mount this monitor, but it's not clear how to disconnect the stand in the back.  Any help is appreciated.

Best Answer

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Options
    lesseffective 
    Acer products use a 100mm x 100mm VESA mount that is secured to the monitor with four M4 screws that are 10mm in length.
    Use a tool like in the picture to open all latches. The TPV No. of the tool: BHT 07 5 . Remove the screws to remove the STAND-BASE ASSY. 
    Proceed with caution!

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

Answers

• Sharanji
    Answer ✓
    Options
    lesseffective 
    Acer products use a 100mm x 100mm VESA mount that is secured to the monitor with four M4 screws that are 10mm in length.
    Use a tool like in the picture to open all latches. The TPV No. of the tool: BHT 07 5 . Remove the screws to remove the STAND-BASE ASSY. 
    Proceed with caution!

• khawari
    khawari Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    I'm confused.

Where exactly did you shove this tool? 

Can you use any other tool other than this one? Such as prying tools and other similar plastic tools that are used when fixing phones and computers etc, 

I love how you have found a solution, however, it's still not clear what's happening here. Do you mind elaborating a bit further on this, please?

Thanks 

• Sharanji
    Options
    khawari said:
    I'm confused.

Where exactly did you shove this tool? 

Can you use any other tool other than this one? Such as prying tools and other similar plastic tools that are used when fixing phones and computers etc, 

I love how you have found a solution, however, it's still not clear what's happening here. Do you mind elaborating a bit further on this, please?

Thanks 

You can use other similar tools, please take care you do not damage any parts.
  • khawari
    khawari Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    Yes but how do you do it ? 

I did not find these latches you speak of. The pictures you posted are not so detailed with arrows showing where i should be putting the tool in.

Could you elaborate please further on how I can do this ?

Thanks
  • Sharanji
    edited August 2018
    Options
    khawari 
    Gently try to pull the 3 latches as shown in this image.

• KickBull
    KickBull Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Yeah, I used a teaspoon to pry open the two top bits of plastic at this part (It was quite finicky and I ended up breaking a little piece of the clicky things that hold it there, but it was fine). That reveals the mount underneath which you can unscrew.