Help with RAM upgrade on A315-21-49UK

Options
AspireChallenged
AspireChallenged Member Posts: 2 New User
edited September 2023 in 2019 Archives
I want to upgrade RAM on a newly purchased (yesterday) Aspire 3 A315-21-49UK and having issues booting up after installing a G.Skill DDR4 SO-DIMM 8GB Card.

Answers

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,051 Trailblazer
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Hello,
    I would advise you these memory modules:
    France
  • AspireChallenged
    AspireChallenged Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Thank you for your reply. May I ask a stupid question. why does the one I bought stop the machine from booting up - black screen?

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    It supports a maximum of 16GB ram ddr4 memory! However, if your notebook has 4GB of ram onboard, you can increase it to up to 12GB of RAM! This type of memory meets the following requirements: ddr4 (2666, 2400, 2133 or 1600mhz sdram sodimm, 260 pins), 1.2v!

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,051 Trailblazer
    Options
    Thank you for your reply. May I ask a stupid question. why does the one I bought stop the machine from booting up - black screen?

Hello,
    Because the G.Skill memory module of 8Gb is not compatible with the memory onboard.
    France
  • Manvin
    Manvin Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    Hi I have the same laptop with 4GB DDR4 ram. i installed Crucial  8GB DDR 4 ram part no CT8G4SFS824A. C8FBD1 RAM. System was showing 12 GB ram. But the system was crashing with Blue screen with different errors. The main error was 'SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION'. 
    what is the issue and how can i fix it
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Hi @Manvin! Ideally you create a new topic by clicking Ask a question! Add me by placing a @!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)