How to restore the original licensed windows 10 home on Predator Helios 300?

rykorus
rykorus Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
I'm so dumb to let my friend format the disk C and install a cracked windows 10 pro edition (she did all the craps when I was away from my computer). I'd like to reinstall/restore my original licensed windows 10 home edition. Can someone tell me please how to get the licensed version back? Thank you.

Best Answer

• rykorus
    Answer ✓
    sri369 said:
    Chances are you yourself did it... don't worry, no one points fingers here :-)

1. Check the partitions... is the recovery partition still there. If yes, you can try to restore from there.
    2. If the recovery partition is not there, you are out of luck.

Two options if hard disk is clean partitioned:
    1. Contact acer, ask for recovery usb to be shipped (free or cost based on region).
    2. Download the version of windows you got preinstalled (windows 10 home), create recovery usb, and install from it. It should pick up the key from motherboard, and you should be good.
    My goodness! There's still recovery partition. Please tell me how to restore from that partition.

Answers

• sri369
    sri369 ACE Posts: 2,623 Pathfinder

1. Check the partitions... is the recovery partition still there. If yes, you can try to restore from there.

1. Contact acer, ask for recovery usb to be shipped (free or cost based on region).
    2. Download the version of windows you got preinstalled (windows 10 home), create recovery usb, and install from it. It should pick up the key from motherboard, and you should be good.
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045
  • rykorus
    My goodness! There's still recovery partition. Please tell me how to restore from that partition.
  • rykorus
    Answer ✓
    sri369 said:

• sri369
    rykorus said:
    Download the version of windows you got preinstalled (windows 10 home), create recovery usb, and install from it. It should pick up the key from motherboard, and you should be good.
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045
  • julu
    julu Member Posts: 1 New User
    rykorus said:
    I'm so dumb to let my friend format the disk C and install a cracked windows 10 pro edition (she did all the craps when I was away from my computer). I'd like to reinstall/restore my original licensed windows 10 home edition. Can someone tell me please how to get the licensed version back? Thank you.
    i am having the same problem. plz help
  • sri369
    julu said:
    rykorus said:
    i am having the same problem. plz help
    Answer was right above your post...
    Download the version of windows you got preinstalled (windows 10 home), create recovery usb, and install from it. It should pick up the key from motherboard, and you should be good.
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ---------