Bought another Acer GN246HL Black 24" Gaming Monitor and the White color on it has a yellow tint

Arcalite911
Arcalite911 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited February 16 in 2018 Archives
As I said in the title, I bought another GN246HL Acer Monitor, and the white color on it is yellowish. I've tried several things that I've read online, but nothing seems to help. My old monitor displays whites much brigher, and....as I would say, white. The new one is much yellower. I've tried swapping the dvi cables, and i've tried using an HDMI cable. As it is now, the color never changes when i switch them with either cable (Main new monitor is always yellowish, old monitor is always clear white). What can I do to fix this?

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Arcalite911 
    I think it has to do with a few things. No two monitors will have exactly the same colour temperature at default settings, unless they are hardware calibrated graphics monitors. This being a gaming monitor, you can expect quite large colour temperature differences between panels of the same type at default RGB values. Thats fine. You can just adjust RGB values until you have the white balance you like.

Another factor could be the viewing angles on the monitor might not the be best and will have a colour shift as you look at them from an angle. I think this might be playing into it because you're running some big screens.

Variance in colour temperature at default RBG is the main reason why using other people's calibrated ICC profiles will not always achieve good results. Their panel may have very different native colour temperature compared to yours.

The only issue to watch out for is if there is a visible colour temperature gradient across the panel.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!