Predator helios 300 ph 315-51 freeze/crash problems.

Eusebius
Eusebius Member Posts: 21

Tinkerer

Hello. I have this laptop acer predator helios 300 ph 315-51 with i7 8750h and 1060 6gb and for about a week i have problems with random crash/freeze on laptop. Doesnt matter what i do, just freeze nothing work. I have last bios updated which is 1.15, tried to reinstall os, and still happend.. The temperatures are not high since i undervolted the cpu and gpu. All drivers are updated. 

Answers

• Anuj_Jena
    Anuj_Jena Member Posts: 23 Networker
    Try booting from a spare SSD or the internal HDD, anything other than the primary boot device which is the internal SSD. The SSD might be the problem.
    Considering the fact that all the drivers are installed properly.
  • Eusebius

Tinkerer

My laptop has no ssd. only the hdd 1 tb.
  • Anuj_Jena
    Anuj_Jena Member Posts: 23 Networker
    Okay, Then did you try booting from any other source other than your internal HDD?
    If not then do so and check if the problem still persists.
  • Eusebius

Tinkerer

Thanks but i dont have any external hdd.
  • Red-Sand
    Red-Sand ACE Posts: 1,892 Pathfinder
    Sounds like perhaps your undervolt is too low. Try removing the undervolt and test to see if problem persists.

If using XTU set the default profile and reboot.

Is using throttlestop move the config file from the throttlestop folder to another location then shut down (not reboot) and turn back on.
    - Hotel Hero
  • DeHutch
    DeHutch Member Posts: 4 New User
    edited July 2021
    Well...actually i have the Helios 300 17" version so the PH317-54, i did NOTHING with the processor and my machine also freezes randomly.... sometimes once a day, sometimes once in 3 days and no heat issue, the fans are on auto and remains calm.... also not on heavy load due to gaming even in rest it happens! This morning i had to reboot because it freezed in the night when all was asleep! No messages visible and also the logfiles doesn't show anything.... beats me