Hi, I just want to ask what are the reason why I can't register my finger print?

Options
nayR11
nayR11 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
I have succesfully set my finger print, but after the following day it cannot identify my finger print. What i did was remove my finger print and add again, but today i can't add anymore.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,593 Trailblazer
    Options
    First, clean the reader with screen cloth. Then uninstall the finger print driver from Device Manager. Exit. Reboot the machine and let Windows re-detect the reader hardware and automatically re-install the driver. Then try it again. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• ursmeili
    ursmeili Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

Options
    I had the same problem on my new Swift 7. Fingerprint detection worked until next day, then it stopped to work. Uninstalling and reinstalling the driver didn't help. I now use my pointing finger instead of the thumb, and I press the finger on in a "vertical" position (altough the horizontal position would be much more convenient). Also, you have to press the finger quite firmly onto the sensor. This way, it seems to work on the 1st or 2nd attempt.
  • JackE
    Options
    @ursmeili>>>Uninstalling and reinstalling the driver >>>

Did you try both manual and automatic installs? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• ursmeili
    ursmeili Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

Options
    yes I tried reinstalling the driver in several ways. It DOES work with the pointing finger, only not with the thumb. 
  • JackE
    Options
    Thanks for the report @ursmeili !!! Does thumbprint work if at any angle --- vertical, horizontal or any angle in between?

@nayR11 Can you confirm this behavior with the point-finger v thumb?

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ