Headphone is not working. Acer Nitro 5 AN515-51-76

2»

Answers

• makx
    makx Member Posts: 1 New User
    n4t3 said:
    I had the same problem and I managed to solve it without buying an adapter. First, open Realtek Audio Console on your laptop. Then, click on "Advanced Device Settings" (or something like this).

If no audio devices are connected to your system, the "Analogical" option should be disabled. Now, try connecting your audio device (headphone, microfone etc.). The message in the picture below will pop up asking "Which audio device have you connected?". Select the audio device type (in my case, it is a headphone). Then, click "OK".

Your device should work properly now. I do not know what was happening before, but this message wasn't showing up until I opened the Realtek Audio Console window.

I hope it works now.
    I recently bought predator laptop and had the same problem, this solution worked.
  • Serpentius
    Serpentius Member Posts: 1 New User
    This is a joke right?

I bought a brand new Acer Laptop (Nitro 5) and plugging in my Bose headphones does nothing.
    I have the exact same problem as Matty.

Are you telling me in 2020 that this brand new laptop cannot simply work with the high end Bose headphones without all this hassle?

I have never heard of such troubles, I will be bringing this back to Best Buy for a refund.
    I knew I shouldn't have gone with Acer, my mistake.
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    >>>Are you telling me in 2020 that this brand new laptop cannot simply work with the high end Bose headphones without all this hassle?>>>

Do you have another set of headphones to test? Part of the issue may be that many more audio driver/control software options & settings are possible than earlier generation adapters. The factory defaults might not play nice with the Bose. Some folks actually like fiddling with all these tweaking  options.    Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Morea
    Morea Member Posts: 1 New User
    n4t3 said:
    I had the same problem and I managed to solve it without buying an adapter. First, open Realtek Audio Console on your laptop. Then, click on "Advanced Device Settings" (or something like this).

If no audio devices are connected to your system, the "Analogical" option should be disabled. Now, try connecting your audio device (headphone, microfone etc.). The message in the picture below will pop up asking "Which audio device have you connected?". Select the audio device type (in my case, it is a headphone). Then, click "OK".

Your device should work properly now. I do not know what was happening before, but this message wasn't showing up until I opened the Realtek Audio Console window.

I hope it works now.

You saved me! I have the same issue in my Acer Nitro 5 AN515-54, when I click on the audio devices I only see the speakers and not the headphones. I didn't see the popup that asked to select the device because I deactivated the Windows notifications but after I read your comment I activated them again and the popup appeared! Many thanks.

Is it correct that the headphones don't appear in the audio settings? I also tried to search the RAVCpl64.exe that opens the Realtek Audio Manager but on my computer I only have the Windows app Realtek Audio Console.
    Someone knows if this is correct or Windows is missing something?

• Balakumar
    Balakumar Member Posts: 2 New User
    n4t3 said:

I hope it works now.

Thanks ! after trying this all my 3.5 mm headphones are working 
  • Cantarzo
    Cantarzo Member Posts: 1 New User
    I was getting the same problem with my nitro 5 AN515-54. Even the solutions above working properly, it's pretty annoying having to switch manually. Here the notification appears and even selecting the right device I have to go to realtek audio console > advanced configs and change again the device there. If only have to change in the notifications would be ok. This can be a problem with my headset, or not. Anyway, uninstalling the realtek audio console solved my problem. Now the audio is switching automatically to the headset. Even maxxwave is now identifying it as a headphone. There is a post in the dell community about the same kind of problem and it is something about he drivers. Something changed in june and the audio console is not needed anymore.
    Heres the link: https://www.dell.com/support/article/pt-br/sln310255/o-%C3%A1udio-n%C3%A3o-%C3%A9-alternado-quando-os-fones-de-ouvido-est%C3%A3o-conectados-%C3%A0-entrada-de-%C3%A1udio-em-sistemas-dell-com-%C3%A1udio-realtek
  • Psychobun
    Psychobun Member Posts: 1 New User
    I have the same problem, its hardware, the usb flex maybe is not right conected ...

I had to open my laptop and reconect and everything worked
  • Subaltern7
    Subaltern7 Member Posts: 1 New User
    n4t3 said:

I hope it works now.
    I know this is an old post but I had recently bought Acer Nitro 5 and had the same issue with the headset not being recognised. I used your advice and it resolved my issue because it was set to headphones not headset and thanks ! 👍
  • avi28
    avi28 Member Posts: 1 New User
    mattymatt said:
    Hello,

I have an Acer Nitro 5 AN515-51-76YG that I got 3-4 weeks ago. I cannot use an ear-phone or ear-bud because the sound just comes from the Speaker.

Can someone help me with getting sound in the ear-buds?

-Thank you.

I also ran out in same problem . I tired changing the advanced setting in the headphones properties
    I disabled "Enable audio Enhancements" and it worked for me . try it and let me know
  • JackE
    Thanks for the tip. Hope the others will report back.

Jack E/NJ

• Deepspace9
    Deepspace9 Member Posts: 2 New User
    It did not work in my acer nitro 5 (2021 model). I tried selecting Headset or Headphone via Realtek Audio Manager under analog output but t did not detect my headset. No sound comes out and my mic was not recognized. I tried testing the realtek headphone/headset icon in the device manager and this error message pop up "test failed". Also, if I select "Speaker output" in the analog output, the sound comes out from my headset but not a good sound (very flat, not high Def). However, if I used my headphone via type c jack of the acer nitro 5 (right side), the sound is great. I am so frustrated already with this brand new acer nitro 5.
  • JackE

This thread is over 3 years old. For better attention, please start your own new thread by click on the ask a question button.

Jack E/NJ

• Michelle7900
    Michelle7900 Member Posts: 1 New User
    n4t3 said:

I hope it works now.
    omfg thanks so much i had the same problem and this worked thankss!!
  • FM654321
    FM654321 Member Posts: 1 New User
    I have the same problem (Nitro 5, bought december 2021) and everything that has been suggested on this forum is irrelevant: the options suggested just aren't possible to perform. I phoned Acer and they didn't have to tell anything worthwhile either. It seems that it's a major malfunction in the production of the Nitro's. So ... IF someone has a definitive answer: very welcome!!!
  • JackE
    >>>>I have the same problem (Nitro 5, bought december 2021>>>

Your machine should still be under warranty. Go to this link, choose your country, click support  link at the top of the country webpage, enter your machine's serial number id (SNID) and arrange for warranty repair service.

Jack E/NJ

• smartydarren
    smartydarren Member Posts: 1 New User

Thankyou Buddy. you helped me with this updated Driver.

Acer TravelMate P2410-G2-M
    Serial No - NXVGUSV00484900D497200
    SNID - 84900340172

The above is my Laptop and I had installed available drivers off the Acer india website which is listed below. and it was detecting the combo jack as a Headphone, and was not allowing me to switch to headset.

Audio_Realtek_6.0.1.8228_W10x64_A

I then installed the version provided by you listed below and it worked absouletly fine

Audio_Realtek_6.0.1.8432_W10x64_A

https://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/Driver/Audio/Audio_Realtek_6.0.1.8432_W10x64_A.zip?acerid=636661965677741347&Step1=NOTEBOOK&Step2=NITRO&Step3=NITRO%20AN515-51&OS=ALL&LC=en&BC=ACER&SC=PA_6