Aspire 5750G Intermittent internet connection problem

Options
oldyam
oldyam Member Posts: 24 Troubleshooter
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives

I have a random problem with the internet connection in that my laptop disconnects and shows a no internet connection message, this can happen at any time from minutes between issues to several hours.

The laptop is an Aspire 5750G with 8GB ram running win 7 home premium SP1 and Broadcom 802.11n netwok adapter ( Driver version 5.100.82.87 )

When I look in wireless & network connections there is no available network shown at all, the only way I have found to reset the issue is to reboot the laptop.

When looking at the device manager the wifi card is visible in network adaptors and is showing as working with no issues, I have tried removing and reinstalling the drivers without any improvement.

Am I missing something ??

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Is the wifi network disconnected only on the notebook? Does other devices work normally?
    If the answer is yes, make sure changing the 802.11n channel width setting from 20 to 20 / 40mhz solves the problem!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • oldyam
    Options

Hi

Yes the network works for everything else and is only disconnected on the notebook.

The advanced setting is already set to 20/40 coexistence, so this is not the issue

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Make sure upgrading drivers with driverbooster solves the problem!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • oldyam
    Options
    Will try this and let you know
  • oldyam
    Options
    I updated the drivers as suggested this seems to have improved the issue ( loss of connection less frequent ) but the issue is still there 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Try this:
    Go to the device manager and click the wifi card driver! Click advanced and look for the roaming policy option and select very high!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• oldyam
    Options

The only options I have are

Rate = 18, 24, 36, 48, 54, Best Rate

Roaming tendency = Aggressive, Auto, Conservative, Moderate

Roaming decision = Auto, Default, Optimise Bandwidth, Optimise Distance

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Can you take a picture of these settings?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• oldyam
    Options
        Pictures as requested
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Leave rate at Best Rate; Roaming tendency in Aggressive and Roaming decision in Optimise Distance!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• oldyam
    Options
    OK will try that
  • oldyam
    Options
    Ok tried that but still getting intermittent failures at random intervals, no apparent pattern so far
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    What is the model of your wifi card?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Model exact!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• oldyam
    Options

Broadcom 802.11n netwok adapter

If you need more than this where do I find the info ?

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    You check in Device Manager

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• oldyam
    Options

This is the current description since the software update you reccommended = 2x2 11b/g/n Wireless LAN PCI Express Half Mini Card Adapter

The original description before the software update was = Broadcom 802.11n netwok adapter

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    copy and paste the idhardware in google and show me

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Put the computer in high-performance power options too!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• oldyam
    Options
    PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_4358&SUBSYS_E040105B&REV_00