Undervolting not working

Vishiee
Vishiee Member Posts: 17 Troubleshooter
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
Hello everybody. I made a post here before about my laptop getting too hot while gaming. I found a reply with a video on how to undervolt. I did the same as it was shown in the video. Satisfied with the TS Bench results, I started gaming. After some time, I finished my gaming and checked the temperatures. It's whopping 96 degrees.. I'm honestly baffed. I tried undervolting using XTU before and it was the same. The stress test results were fine, but after gaming it's in the high 90s again. I'm at loss as to what to do. Please help me. My laptop is Acer Predator Helios 300 (GE-571). TIA

Answers

• Red-Sand
    Red-Sand ACE Posts: 1,892 Pathfinder
    Vishiee said:
    Hello everybody. I made a post here before about my laptop getting too hot while gaming. I found a reply with a video on how to undervolt. I did the same as it was shown in the video. Satisfied with the TS Bench results, I started gaming. After some time, I finished my gaming and checked the temperatures. It's whopping 96 degrees.. I'm honestly baffed. I tried undervolting using XTU before and it was the same. The stress test results were fine, but after gaming it's in the high 90s again. I'm at loss as to what to do. Please help me. My laptop is Acer Predator Helios 300 (GE-571). TIA
    Undervolting alone doesnt fix high temps.

https://youtu.be/XTPMwQKlfPE
    - Hotel Hero