Does SWIFT 1 (SF113-31-C3NY) support M.2 SSD module?

Icosium
Icosium Member Posts: 4 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
Hello,

Before attempting to open up my new laptop, I wanted to check if the Swift 1 model (SF113-31-C3NY) supports the addition of an M.2 SSD module. This version is sold in the Middle East/Africa.

The Youtube videos and other comments refer to the US/Canada version (SF113-31-P5CK), which does indeed support SSD. My model has a Celeron N3350 rather than N4200 processor with 64GB eMMC and 4GB RAM. Apart from that, it looks exactly similar to the US/Canada version.

Alternatively, if I can find out with some app whether I have an empty slot, that wil also be helpful.

Any responses would be appreciated.
Thanks

Best Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,102 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Hi,
    I think you can install a M.2 SSD but please open the back cover and make sure before buying the SSD.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,716 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    It is likely that it will support ssd m2 2280 sataIII! But as @ brummyfan2 said, it is best to open the rear compartment! This is the location of the socket m2 of this model!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 

Answers

• brummyfan2
    Hi,
    Most probably you have a M.2 slot but you can check by installing HWiNFO64 Free program, run it expand Bus, expand PCI Bus and check PCI Express Root Ports.
    https://www.hwinfo.com/download.php

• Icosium
    Thanks alot Brummyfan2 for the prompt response. I will try this evening and let you (and the community) know.
  • Icosium
    This is what I got. There is no PCI Express Root Port but a few PCIe Root Ports which I suspect means the same thing.

• brummyfan2
    Answer ✓
    Hi,
    I think you can install a M.2 SSD but please open the back cover and make sure before buying the SSD.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,716 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    It is likely that it will support ssd m2 2280 sataIII! But as @ brummyfan2 said, it is best to open the rear compartment! This is the location of the socket m2 of this model!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Icosium
    Thank you guys for your help. I am in no rush to upgrade now, but it's good to know that I am likely able to upgrade in the future if I need to.