TouchPad not working in Advance mode an acer laptop E5-511 pentuim

kumarshivam
kumarshivam Member Posts: 3 New User
edited August 2022 in Legacy Laptops and Netbooks
Hello,i have an acer laptop E5-511 pentuim quad core,Everything was fine from 1 year until last morning,
when i booted my laptop the cursor was not showing so i looked up in internet and found a solution to change the trackpad option to BASIC in BIOS from advance,Now my trackpad is working but none of the gestures are working,
Also when i switch to advance mode in BIOS all the settings related to trackpad disappear from windows settings and from device manager Mice and other pointing device also disappear.
In basic mode the settings in window re-appear  and also in device manager Mice and other pointing device re-appear with PS/2 Compatible mouse as driver.Please help.

( Edited the title to add the model name )

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,328 Pathfinder
    kumarshivam 
    Was your laptop shipped with windows 8.1 or 10?
    >>>Since the touchpad was working fine this morning, I suggest to to check for a restore point in control panel and restore the device. This could have due to some windows updates.
    >>>Go to the Acer driver page for your computer. Download the intel IO chipset drivers for Windows 8.1. Run the setup for the driver in "compatability mode" and install. You will need to restart the computer. The computer will then recognize the trackpad as a valid device. Then download and install the Synaptics (or Elan) driver for Win 10 from the Acer support page and restart. If the trackpad is not immediately active on the restart, hit Fn + F7 key.
    >>>You can download the driver here :  https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/5394?b=1

Also, check the BIOS version installed on your device and update it.  Upgrading your system BIOS incorrectly could harm your Acer product. Please proceed with caution.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • kumarshivam
    It came with windows 8.1,My bios is already updated to latest version,I thought it was due to Windows and drivers so i reset my windows.
  • kumarshivam
    Thank you so much ,My problem has been resolved.
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,773 Trailblazer
    @kumarshivam Could you share with us how you solved the problem? Thanks. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• DeltaAlpha52
    DeltaAlpha52 Member Posts: 1 New User
    I know it's been a while but in case some one else gets here looking at this issue which I had - the solution on my acer was to install the Serial I/O driver.
    Thee touchpad was working in basic mode but no 2 finger scroll etc., for the advance Touchpad mode you need to install the Serial I/O driver first. Look on the acer support page for the pc

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/GB/content/support-product/5609?b=1

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,773 Trailblazer

Thanks for sharing your solution. :)

Jack E/NJ