My Nitro AN515-51 boots too slow

Nicolas94
Nicolas94 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
Hello, and thanks before anything. I bought a notebook Acer Nitro AN515-51 core i7, 16gb RAM, HDD 1TB WDC WD10SPZX-21Z10T0, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050ti a few months ago, and since the first use (Windows 10 Home installed) i noticed it took a long time to boot (around 10 minutes). According to the specifications of this model it's clearly an unusual boot lenght. The starting sequence is:
Acer Logo ----> Black Screen ----> Windows Logo (2 minutes) ----> Blink ----> Windows Logo (2 minutes) ----> Choose session user Windows (it takes a few seconds until it responds and then like 3 minutes to star session completely)
I've already done all sort of things to correct this problem, including changing the Fast Boot option off/on, Disabled Start apps, Start with Safe Boot option after disabling all the other services, etc.
I also reinstalled Windows 10 in the Pro version, updated it until to date including drivers.
Any help would be great. I'm fed up with this problem! Specially considering it's a new computer with pretty good features.

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Nicolas94 
    Is the laptop installed with the same factory shipped windows OS?

>>Identify slow-boot up times
    Hold down the windows key on your keyboard and press R. This will bring up the Run menu:
    Type in Eventvwr.msc and click OK. Expand the following folders: Applications and Services Logs, Microsoft, Windows, Diagnostics-Performance and Operational. Watch for an event ID called 100. The 101 IDs then show you which applications slow down your computer. 
    This time, type in msconfig, hit Enter, and go to the Startup tab. Now you can uncheck items or go to Task Manager and right-click on an item to disable it.

>> Check the current BIOS version. Press Windows+R, type “msinfo32” into the Run box, and then hit Enter. The BIOS version number is displayed on the System Summary pane. Look at the “BIOS Version/Date” field.
    There are BIOS updates listed in Acer support page released to enhance the performance of the laptop. You need to download, extract and run the application file to update BIOS. Please keep the charger plugged in during BIOS update. Upgrading your system BIOS incorrectly could harm your Acer product. Please proceed with caution.
    Here's the weblink :  https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/7312?b=1

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!