Acer Nitro 5: worth it?

harrykane140693
harrykane140693 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
So I've been looking to get a gaming laptop for a while, watching deals and the like, when I saw this one and wonder if it's a good deal? Wondering if the 1050 is enough or if I should try and save up and get a 1060 model (since I've seen a couple under 1000)

I don't play too many demanding games, most demanding are skyrim and warframe, but I mostly play Wow and LoL.

Answers

• Balatekie
    Balatekie ACE Posts: 1,353 Pioneer
    Hi, If I am not wrong in understanding the 1050 & 1060 which you have referred is to NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1050 & NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1060. There is no much difference apart from gaming experience between these two graphics cards. 

The graphical capabilities of the Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 are significantly better than the Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050. ...The GeForce GTX 1060 has a 152 MHz higher core clock speed and 16 more Render Output Units than the GeForce GTX 1050. 

You should also consider the games that you are going to play. The recommended graphics card System Requirements for the game "The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim" is NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 or higher (i.e GTX550Ti)). Your computer has more than that. Hence, you can go with NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1050. If you would like to spend a little more, you can really buy Acer Nitro 5 with NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1060, its worth buying. 
     :) If you think I've answered your question, please hit the Accept Answer:)

• arshiyanine
    arshiyanine Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

Hello there,
     If you are thinking about Acer nitro 5, I can say it's a very good budget gaming laptop with nice build quality. but if you wanna use this laptop for a long-term I suggest you go for 1050ti or 1060. after all, it really depends on your budget but I recommend you to go for GTX 1050 Ti or GTX 1060 models. also, you can take a look at Acer Predator helios 300 if you are going to get GTX 1060.
  • Anthony81
    Anthony81 Member Posts: 45 Devotee WiFi Icon
    I got an Acer Nitro 5 (i5+ 8300H with GTX 1050) and it runs games like Fortnite at 60 FPS at high graphics with no problems. Hope that helps :)
  • BrayamStyv
    BrayamStyv Member Posts: 3 New User
    Anthony81 said:
    I got an Acer Nitro 5 (i5+ 8300H with GTX 1050) and it runs games like Fortnite at 60 FPS at high graphics with no problems. Hope that helps :)
    amigo tengo la misma, la gtx1050 de 4 gb y pero en el fortnite esta a 60 fps pero me da tirones, tiene 8gb de ram y el mismo procesador, no entiendo por que aveces da tirones es como si el jugador se teletransportara hacia atras el cpu se me ha llegado a calentar a 100°, sabes algo al respecto?