Sreen hz question?

trofx
trofx Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
Are all these 8th gen acer predator helios 300 laptops only with 144 hz or 60hz too ?

Best Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    You should be able to adjust the frame rate, rez etc. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Red-Sand
    Red-Sand ACE Posts: 1,892 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    trofx said:
    JackE said:
    The latest available specs suggest the graphics adapter in this particular model is 60Hz max at all resolutions. Jack E/NJ
    Should i send this back and buy acer nitro with same specs but 144hz screen or its not big peoblem if i have 60hz what you think?

While it may seem like your missing out on the increased hz output of the monitor you might take into consideration that battery life is greatly effected by such a strong screen. It's not to say you cant adjust the settings prior to unplugging your laptop but in my opinion that's just too much of a hassle.

If you dont know already the Helios is capable of outputting up to 144hz on an external monitor which again in my opinion is ideal since the external display would be governed solely by the Nvidia GPU without the Intel GPU "bottleneck" of the built in screen.

This allows you to have better performance when stationary while hooked up to a monitor and maintain 60hz and better battery life while mobile. 👌
    - Hotel Hero

Answers

• JackE
    Answer ✓
    You should be able to adjust the frame rate, rez etc. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• trofx

Tinkerer

Mine one is 60 hz but i tought its 144hz and i cannot change it.
  • JackE
    What is the full model number of your Helios 300? PHxxx-xx?? Gx-xxx??  Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• trofx

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    What is the full model number of your Helios 300? PHxxx-xx?? Gx-xxx??  Jack E/NJ

PH315-51-74RH

• JackE
    The latest available specs suggest the graphics adapter in this particular model is 60Hz max at all resolutions. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• trofx

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    Should i send this back and buy acer nitro with same specs but 144hz screen or its not big peoblem if i have 60hz what you think?

• JackE
    The PH315-51's graphics adapter is limited to 60Hz max, not its LCD screen. 60Hz is pretty good. What is the full model number of the nitro you saw? AN5xx-xx???  Jack E/NJ  

Jack E/NJ

• Red-Sand
    Answer ✓
    trofx said:
    JackE said:

While it may seem like your missing out on the increased hz output of the monitor you might take into consideration that battery life is greatly effected by such a strong screen. It's not to say you cant adjust the settings prior to unplugging your laptop but in my opinion that's just too much of a hassle.

If you dont know already the Helios is capable of outputting up to 144hz on an external monitor which again in my opinion is ideal since the external display would be governed solely by the Nvidia GPU without the Intel GPU "bottleneck" of the built in screen.

This allows you to have better performance when stationary while hooked up to a monitor and maintain 60hz and better battery life while mobile. 👌
    - Hotel Hero
  • trofx

Tinkerer

Thanks i will keep it then.

• Red-Sand
    trofx said:k
    Thanks i will keep it then.

I believe this is a wise choice.
    If you ever get free time check out Linus Tech Tips (or ncix I forget which) and see them test 60hz vs 120hz to see if an average gamer noticed the difference. 
    The results may suprise you. 
    - Hotel Hero