Acer Predator Helios 300 not charging anybody know how to fix it? - Predator-G3-572

NB28
NB28 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited October 2020 in Predator Laptops
I got a Predator-G3-572 around last november and now It won't charge when i plug it in. I've restarted the battery and had no luck fixing it. What else should I do.

Best Answer

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    NB28 
    Try to perform a simple power reset and check the issue. Shutdoew the laptop. Disconnect the charger. Please check for a battery reset PIN hole at the bottom of the device.The reset hole would have a battery symbol next to it. Insert a paperclip into the hole and press for four seconds. Let the computer sit for 5 minutes with no power. Reconnect the charger and power On the laptop.

Please open device manager click “Battery” and under Battery, please click “Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery”. Now, do a right click on it, then click “Uninstall”. Confirm that you would like to uninstall the Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery. After the uninstallation process, please restart your computer. As soon as you restart your computer, the Windows will automatically install the driver again. Please check your battery icon on the right bottom side of your Windows screen to see if it is charging.
    Also, check all the screws of the bottom case are secured correctly.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    NB28 
    Try to perform a simple power reset and check the issue. Shutdoew the laptop. Disconnect the charger. Please check for a battery reset PIN hole at the bottom of the device.The reset hole would have a battery symbol next to it. Insert a paperclip into the hole and press for four seconds. Let the computer sit for 5 minutes with no power. Reconnect the charger and power On the laptop.

Please open device manager click “Battery” and under Battery, please click “Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery”. Now, do a right click on it, then click “Uninstall”. Confirm that you would like to uninstall the Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery. After the uninstallation process, please restart your computer. As soon as you restart your computer, the Windows will automatically install the driver again. Please check your battery icon on the right bottom side of your Windows screen to see if it is charging.

• Red-Sand
    Red-Sand ACE Posts: 1,892 Pathfinder
    edited July 2018
    NB28 said:
    I got a Predator-G3-572 around last november and now It won't charge when i plug it in. I've restarted the battery and had no luck fixing it. What else should I do.
    Have you updated your BIOs?

May sound irrelevant but I have heard some say this corrected the same issue.
    - Hotel Hero
  • nivedh18
    nivedh18 Member Posts: 1 New User
    @NB28 I Have the same issue now did you rectify it??????? Please do reply....
  • NaveenKumarErroju
    NaveenKumarErroju Member Posts: 1 New User
    Your problem solved? I have same issue. what is the solution. none of the above solutions worked.
  • mvm007
    mvm007 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Sharanji said:
    NB28 

i am facing this same issue , tried everything it's still not resolved 
  • vaibhav
    vaibhav Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hi guys,I got predator G3-572 and won't charge when I plug it in.it was fine till yesterday.Today the battery status won't even show the plug in sign though I connected the charger.Please tell me anybody how to solve this?.

Thanks in advance,
    Vaibhav
  • xapim
    xapim ACE Posts: 7,257 Pathfinder
    edited July 2019
    vaibhav said:
    Hi guys,I got predator G3-572 and won't charge when I plug it in.it was fine till yesterday.Today the battery status won't even show the plug in sign though I connected the charger.Please tell me anybody how to solve this?.

Thanks in advance,
    Vaibhav
    Have you tried to uninstall the acpi drivers then perform a battery power drain after boot into bios reset to default and let windows install the acpi driver again also check your windows battery report for a possible faulty battery its a rare case but might happen

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/11532543

UserBenchmarks: Game 43%, Desk 61%, Work 40%
    CPU: Intel Core i5-7300HQ - 63.5%
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 1050-Ti (Mobile) - 41.9%
    SSD: WDC WDS200T2B0B-00YS70 2TB - 71.4%
    HDD: WD WD10SPZX-00HKTT0 1TB - 93.7%
    RAM: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2666 C15 2x16GB - 76.8%
    MBD: Acer Predator G3-572

I'm not an Acer employee. (just here to help in the best way i can)
    If my answer fixed you issue please accept it for any other users who search for it would find it quickly thanks :)
    If you want to learn more about undervolting/optimizing windows join the Predator fb group and youtube channel:

Owner/Admin (HOTEL HERO/Red-Sand/Opoka Opoka)
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/PredatorHelios300
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNJwGUHxSJ8FKqAhnOqQuAw
    Acer support:
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/  

• Btcrider
    Btcrider Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

I have the same problem. Worked fine 3 days ago but now it will not charge. The original acer charger does not work with it, does nothing. I use an old acer charger I have and it charges. The older charger is wrong specs, under charging the preditor I think as it kills the charging anytime I run a game, but it charges on the home screen when the original did nothing. Buying right power block soon and seeing if it works fine. It seems maybe these acer power blocks may be defective ot break easily. All should try a new power block and see if it fixes the problem.
  • @Btcrider What is the exact model? Example an515-51-75kz.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Btcrider

Tinkerer

Wow your fast for an old thread. Model # N17C1. 
    Hoping it's just the power pack. Original charger does nothing now but the older charger i tried charges on the windows home screen fine with this older charger but when try to play a game or browse the web it kills the charge and both lights blink, one blue and one orange.  Guessing thts only cause this charger is a 19v with a small 1.8 Amp input. Well hoping it's just tht anyways. I'm curious if all others fixed the problem and how. Seems most never answe back 
  • Btcrider

Tinkerer

Or by serial numbers it says G3-571-77QK

• Btcrider

Tinkerer

Well it was the power brick. Got a new one today and works perfect. I would say that acer charges are not built to last. The one tht just broke was less then a year old. That's 3 chargers in 3 years. Will be a big factor in my next computer purchase. If your Acer helios is not charging or charges on and off check the charger. 
  • Haruspex19
    Haruspex19 Member Posts: 4 New User
     I RECENTLY FIXED THIS ISSUE ON MY UNIT ACER PREDATOR HELIOS 300 PH315 51 78NP IN WHICH AT FIRST I WAS THINKING THE BATTERY WAS FAULTY. IT WAS A COUPLE OF WEEKS THAT I DISCOVERED THAT IT WAS A DRIVER ISSUE NOT THE BATTERY ITSELF SINCE WHEN I FINISHED UPDATE ALL MY DRIVERS USING THIRD PARTY DRIVER UPDATER ( I WILL INCLUDE THE LINK AT THE END) MY PREDATOR IS CHARGING! EVEN THOUGH BEFORE IT WILL CHARGE ONLY WHEN IT REACHES 80 - 90% OR THE LAPTOP IS IN THE FULL LOAD STATE. I UPDATE THE BATTERY DRIVER AND VIOLA IT FIX MY PROBLEM!

https://www.pchelpsoft.com/driver-updater/en/LP19.php?split=B&filter=SPLIT_B_GEN&device=Generic&campaignid=ADWORDS&tracking=PH_WORLD_EN_PP_GO_SE_DU&gclid=CjwKCAiAgc-ABhA7EiwAjev-j9t2zLQMJbRZoEC9GFOe2xJX01fa9jgL56VSRR312jv_AtgavphmmxoCDMAQAvD_BwE

• Josemigi
    Josemigi Member Posts: 1 New User
    Sharanji said:
    NB28 

Thank you so much, it worked perfectly
  • PowerlineFX
    PowerlineFX Member Posts: 25 Enthusiast WiFi Icon