What is the maximum operating temperature of GPU and CPU of Acer Predator Helios 300

manojdesaik7
manojdesaik7 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hello, I've purchased Acer Predator Helios 300 from Amazon.com and I've been playing games since a month. The software Predator Sense is showing the average temperatures of GPU and CPU around 89 and 90 degree Celsius respectively. I usually play AAA games at maximum graphic settings while charging the laptop.

Kindly clarify whether this temperature is in the operating temperature and whether it is safe to continue to play at such temperatures.

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,328 Pathfinder
    manojdesaik7 
    It is near the limit of max temp and it can make your cpu throttle and also for sure it is really bad for long term usage. I suggest you to use that laptop on hard surface so it can cool components properly, get a vacuum fan cooler or cooling pad to help it cool down. Sounds like you may be gaming on it for too long a spell. Try cutting down on your daily gaming time. It is laptop after all, even so-called gaming laptops can struggle with heat control if you push it.

What you could also do (if possible) is to Undervolt the CPU a little bit... 
    Most of the time the Voltages are higher than needed.. so that also the bad chips also work...

Undervolting should at least give you some C and it should work, the temp should drop down playing on 75-80C while gaming.
    You could download throttlestop and undervolt your cpu and disable turbo boost if its not an issue for you.
    The main consequence of the fan running with it full speed is the reliability, it will last shorter but  cant really specify the age decreasing. the best way you can do is pretty much doing undervolt, the temperature would decrease.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • Red-Sand
    Red-Sand ACE Posts: 1,892 Pathfinder
    CPU throttles at 95 C
    GPU throttles at 85 C
    - Hotel Hero
  • albertdavityan
    albertdavityan Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

Here is the best solution for temperature issue.
    https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/comment/652998/#Comment_652998