The sound on my computer doesn't work after I updated my computer.

Maria19
Maria19 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited August 2023 in 2018 Archives
The sound on my computer doesn't work after I updated my computer.

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Maria19 
    What is the exact model number of your laptop?

>>Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Sound. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Audio. Press Windows key +X, select Control panel. Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel. Run the playing Audio troubleshooter

>>If not working, reinstall the audio driver.
    Right-click on the Start button in the taskbar area and then click Device Manager to open the same. In the Device Manager, expand Sound, video and game controllers.  You should now see your audio driver name. Most likely you have Realtek High Definition Audio.
    Right-click on it and then click Uninstall device option. You will now get the following confirmation dialog. Select Delete the driver software for this device checkbox and then Yes button when you see the confirmation dialog to go ahead and uninstall the device driver.
    Restart your computer once and windows should automatically restore the driver.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!