Aspire E1-571G, Intel AC-3160 bluetooth is not recognized

Options
MauroF
MauroF Member Posts: 2 New User
edited August 2023 in 2018 Archives
I recently bought a new wlan module to add 802.11ac capabilities to my laptop and meanwhile I wanted to add Bluetooth support as well. Unfortunately, no matter what I try (windows troubleshooting, intel Wireless Bluetooth drivers, bluetooth drivers from acer website) the bluetooth is not recognized, not even as a device in Device Management.

Maybe a BIOS update would help? I really hope that my laptop is not vendor-locked to certain hardware because that would be infuriating to say the least.

By the way, the model is Aspire E1-571G and the wifi is working without a problem

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Options
    MauroF 
    You cannot add or install this adapter yourself.  Only OEMs and Integrators are allowed to install these cards. Installing an adapter with the updated PCIe standard version in a system with different voltage standards can damage your Intel Wireless Adapter, laptop, or both.

The laptop stock with one antenna only as it came with WiFi card that use only one antenna. However, the intel AC card needs 2 antennas (1 for wifi; 1 for Bluetooth). Please check if you have installed both the antenna, if not manage to install the 2nd antenna and the BT issue should be resolved.

Also, you can try installing the Download Intel® Wireless Bluetooth® Software for Windows® 10

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • MauroF
    MauroF Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Sharanji said:
    MauroF 
    You cannot add or install this adapter yourself.  Only OEMs and Integrators are allowed to install these cards. Installing an adapter with the updated PCIe standard version in a system with different voltage standards can damage your Intel Wireless Adapter, laptop, or both.

The laptop stock with one antenna only as it came with WiFi card that use only one antenna. However, the intel AC card needs 2 antennas (1 for wifi; 1 for Bluetooth). Please check if you have installed both the antenna, if not manage to install the 2nd antenna and the BT issue should be resolved.

Also, you can try installing the Download Intel® Wireless Bluetooth® Software for Windows® 10

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
    Well, that would be really bad. However, PCI is a standard, so if the connector is the same, there isn't any problem (indeed the wifi is working fine). I have installed both the antennas (the MAIN and AUX) because both the old and new adpapters required two anteannas.

Also, I've already tried that driver.