Why do I get no sound from my computer?

Options
Someone1632
Someone1632 Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
I get on my computer, log in and go on the internet or play games, I also load up Spotify. Since this new windows 10 update it has affected all predators, from the bass being reduced on Dolby audio to this. Does anyone have the same problem, when you play music whilst playing a game or the internet, it suddenly stops and I can’t seem to get anymore sounds. Does it have anything to do with the drivers cause I seem to be switching to one after the other. They both do the same thing, am I the only one experiencing this issue?

Best Answer

Answers

• Someone1632

Tinkerer

Options
    I only had my predator Helios for 4 months, it’s technically brand new. And since the windows 10 update this stuff starts happening.
  • Red-Sand
    Red-Sand ACE Posts: 1,892 Pathfinder
    Options
    It could be that windows automatically updated your realtek driver.

I know that if you undervolt your unit that results in a lower voltages being shown to the realtek driver and it wont a wake from its sleep state until a reboot.

Sounds strange but I've found I can undervolt lower and everything using Acers realtek driver from their website and sleepstate is responsive as it should be for realtek.
    - Hotel Hero
  • Someone1632

Tinkerer

Options
    So what should I do

• Someone1632

Tinkerer

Options
    I might step down to windows 7 or 8.1 till these problems are sorted out. It’s the best way to go 
  • Red-Sand
    Options
    I would suggest against this as Acer's Windows 10 OS is custom to accommodate its hardware.

Programs such as Predator Sense etc may not function correctly if you install another OS. Even a blank install of a generic Windows 10 can cause these apps to cease functioning.

I suggest reinstalling Acers Realtek driver from their website.. as the latest Windows updates has overwritten this driver on many laptops causing it to not work properly.

Give it a shot and report back
    - Hotel Hero
  • Someone1632

Tinkerer

Options
    Ok thanks. If I may ask What’s the link to the update 
  • Someone1632

Tinkerer

Options
    To reinstall the driver 
  • Someone1632

Tinkerer

Options
    It hasn’t worked. Keeps saying no driver supported 
  • sri369
    sri369 ACE Posts: 2,623 Pathfinder
    Options
    I might step down to windows 7 or 8.1 till these problems are sorted out. It’s the best way to go 
    Don't! Really!

I successfully loaded windows 7 on my G3-572... but then a glaring issue i could see was the USB support. Literally every USB drive was killed when i tried formatting it. The same drive was successfully formatted when formatted on windows 10 on the same laptop, when on windows 10 VM on the windows 7 install, and on a different windows 7 laptop. I was able to get rest all working though.
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045
  • Red-Sand
    Answer ✓
    Options
    It hasn’t worked. Keeps saying no driver supported 
    Here you go. You can enter your models information or use their automatic detection tool to find the information needed.

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers
    - Hotel Hero
  • Someone1632

Tinkerer

Options
    I canceled it anyway.
  • Someone1632

Tinkerer

Options
    I’ll have a look at it 
  • Someone1632

Tinkerer

Options
    There was an update which I’ve updated the drivers. It has helped it but it still does it, it has only reduced it from happening if you get what I mean.
  • Someone1632

Tinkerer

Options
    Nope hasn’t fixed it what so ever. Buying this computer was a mistake, why does a Acer make a computer that the drivers don’t actually work properly. This should have been sorted whilst manufacturing the product.