Changing Camera Save Path - SD Card>Internal

Options
RenzXVI
RenzXVI Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 18 in 2018 Archives
I have an Acer Liquid Z520, Android V4.4.2 and am having trouble trying to get camera apps to save internally instead of on my SD Card. I realized that the internal memory path is /storage/sdcard0/DCIM/____ when SD card is unmounted then becomes /storage/sdcard1/DCIM/____ when mounted. The problem is that I've tried over a dozen camera apps and they all automatically save to /storage/sdcard0/DCIM/____ so they automatically pick the SD card whenever it's mounted. Trying to change it to /storage/sdcard1/DCIM/____ makes them get a "Failed to save Photo" error. I don't get why the internal memory is even called sdcard0, to begin with.

Googling a solution is confusing because most people are having the inverse problem, they seem to have apps that save internally and want to save to SD. Their problem is that third-party apps restrict SD card use, which is odd because I am somehow having the opposite, apps keep preferring the SD when mounted.

Is there a way to get around this problem and have it save internally instead of on my SD card?  I store all my important files on my SD because it's more convenient that way and renders it constantly full so I need my temp phone files (pictures) saved internally.

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options
    if the camera applications are unable to save it internally, this is due to system storage management and you can't do pretty much.

I'm not an Acer employee.