How Can I fix my Acer B1-730?

frisckie
frisckie Member Posts: 10 New User
edited March 4 in 2018 Archives
How can I fix my 4 year old Acer B1-730? Whenever i turn it on, it just gets stuck there on an Intel Inside Screen, and that screen never appeared before. Please help! I want actual answers...

Answers

• Balatekie
    Balatekie ACE Posts: 1,353 Pioneer
    Hi, You can try factory data reset on your Acer Android tablet. 

The following steps will erase all of your personal information, all stored contacts and any programs you have installed on your tablet.

SOLUTION

Use the following steps to perform a factory data reset using a key combination on boot.

1. Power off the tablet.
    2. Press and hold the Volume up button, which is located closest to the touch screen lock switch.
    3. While holding the Volume up button, press and hold the Power button for 3 seconds then release it. Continue holding the Volume up button.
    4. Once the tablet screen turns on, stop holding the buttons.
    5. On the Android system recovery screen, select wipe data/factory reset. Use the Volume up and Volume down keys to navigate through the menus and use the Power button to select the desired option.
    6. When prompted to "Confirm wipe of all user data", select Yes -- delete all user data.
    7. Select reboot system now.

Once the tablet reboots to the Welcome screen, follow the onscreen steps to setup your tablet.

:) If you think I've answered your question, please hit the Accept Answer:)

• frisckie
    frisckie Member Posts: 10 New User
    Thank you for the help, but when i tried to enter recovery, it still shows the Intel Inside screen.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,700 Trailblazer
    The Intel Inside screen is only supposed to stay up until the OS starts loading, so it sounds like your OS isn't getting started. It might be a corrupted image on your storage or it might be the storage itself failing. Storage on these tablets isn't quite like on a PC where you just swap out the HD or SSD, on your it's a chip soldered to the motherboard. If the chip has failed it's likely the best step is to look for a new tablet. If the image is corrupted you might be able to overwrite it with the stock image. If they've released an image for your tablet it'll be on the support site. Once you have told it what model you have go to the OS tab and see if one matches what you are running or is one step newer. You'll eventually end up with a file named 'update.zip' that you put into the root directory of a FAT32 formatted SD card. With that card inserted in your tablet you can do the procedure that Balatekie describe, except you'll be prompted to install from the zip file. Good luck!
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.