Tc 281 eb11 power supply

cowgoo
cowgoo Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

edited March 1 in 2018 Archives
What type of power supply does the TC 281eb11 have? It looks too small for ATX. Also is it proprietary

Best Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    cowgoo said:
    Can it be upgraded to a 500 watt so I can get the connector to add a better video card
    cowgoo 
    500 watt has not been officially tested for this model. It would depend upon the usage of your computer.  If you are going to add hardware that draw extra power from your computer, and you' are going to exceed the previous power supply's capacity 

I typically recommend replacing with a higher wattage supply, anyway, since it has nothing to do so. It's better to have too much power than too little. If your computer only needs 100 watts, then a 500 watt power supply will only supply 100 watts. So it is not going to damage your computer. 

For more information on knowing about power supply unit, please visit 
    https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/6-things-know-buying-power-supply-unit-psu/ 

Also, check the connectors avaliable on the motherboard before upgrading the power supply unit.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• cowgoo

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    In answer to my own question, no the power supply is not proprietary(ie. crossed cables like Dell) but it is a tight fit. I have just got around to installing an old Corsair 650 watt psu. The only drawback is it doesn't have the power connector to the dvd drive, but i can now install a decent video card. Next to upgrade the cpu.

Answers

• Sharanji
    cowgoo 

This model supports 300W Active PFC and Non-PFC Power supply unit.
    The below listed are the official part number and description of the power supplu unit for this model.

Part number : DC.30018.005 
    PSU FSP FSP300-60THA(1) 300W NONE PFC (A01003) 100-127V/220-240V, CHANGE TO MOS LINEAR DESIGN

Part number : DC.3001B.003 
    PSU LITE-ON PS-6301-18A4 300W NONE PFC 100-127V/220-240V, P7/P9=120+15/-0MM

• cowgoo

Tinkerer

Can it be upgraded to a 500 watt so I can get the connector to add a better video card
  • Sharanji
    Answer ✓
    cowgoo said:
    cowgoo 
    500 watt has not been officially tested for this model. It would depend upon the usage of your computer.  If you are going to add hardware that draw extra power from your computer, and you' are going to exceed the previous power supply's capacity 

I typically recommend replacing with a higher wattage supply, anyway, since it has nothing to do so. It's better to have too much power than too little. If your computer only needs 100 watts, then a 500 watt power supply will only supply 100 watts. So it is not going to damage your computer. 

For more information on knowing about power supply unit, please visit 
    https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/6-things-know-buying-power-supply-unit-psu/ 

Also, check the connectors avaliable on the motherboard before upgrading the power supply unit.

• cowgoo

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    In answer to my own question, no the power supply is not proprietary(ie. crossed cables like Dell) but it is a tight fit. I have just got around to installing an old Corsair 650 watt psu. The only drawback is it doesn't have the power connector to the dvd drive, but i can now install a decent video card. Next to upgrade the cpu.