how do i disable touch screen drivers permanently?

clint6
clint6 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 1 in 2018 Archives
i cracked my screen on my Aspire z3-605 pc and now the screen is unstable so i disabled the HID compliant drivers that runs the touch screen,i would love to reset pc to factory set but touch screen drivers get enabled when trying to do it,reverts me back to this version,is there a way to rid drivers all together?also have been having alot of issues on the apps opening correctly or at all,some will open for a sec and disappear from screen and now my camera  when i try to turn on is reading its not in this version of windows,lo,idk wtf is going on but it seems to be its one problem after other,any help would b greatly appreciated

Best Answer

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    edited July 2018 Answer ✓
    clint6 
    After reset again, right-click on the Start button to open the WinX Menu. From the WinX Menu, open Device Manager and search for Human Interface Devices. Expand it. Then, right-click on HID-compliant touch screen and from the list of options displayed, select ‘Disable’.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

Answers

• Sharanji
    edited July 2018 Answer ✓
    clint6 
    After reset again, right-click on the Start button to open the WinX Menu. From the WinX Menu, open Device Manager and search for Human Interface Devices. Expand it. Then, right-click on HID-compliant touch screen and from the list of options displayed, select ‘Disable’.

• clint6
    clint6 Member Posts: 2 New User
    yeah thats what i was going to do but when its trying to reset it kicks me out b4 i can get to new setting,see the screen jumps all over the place when drivers are on ,i can see them being enabled when it goes to reset,i guess since the touch screen is so unstable it reverts me back to this setting,idk what to do,thanks so much
  • Sharanji
    clint6 
    You can purchase the LCD screen and fix it with the help of a technician at local repair center.
    Part Description of LCD screen with touch: "ASSY LCD 23"" LED FHD NG W/TOUCH"
    Acer Part No : 6M.SP9D1.001

• Balatekie
    Balatekie ACE Posts: 1,353 Pioneer
    Hi, If you would like to get rid of the touch screen completely, you can DELETE the HID compliant drivers. Instead of right clicking the HID compliant drivers and selecting "Disable", please select Uninstall. Later you get a warning window saying that you are about to uninstall the driver. In that Window you have a check box to delete the driver from computer. Select that and proceed uninstalling the driver. This will delete the Touchscreen driver and it cannot be enabled later. 
     :) If you think I've answered your question, please hit the Accept Answer:)