Acer Aspire VX15 laptop - Stop Code - Video Memory Management Internal

Options
JoseCB
JoseCB Member Posts: 2 New User
edited August 2023 in 2018 Archives

I purchased an Acer VX15 laptop in March 2018 and until recently I was very satisfied with my purchase.

Recently I started to encounter problems with the laptop not recognising the internal NVidia GX1050 graphics card. This usually occurred following a Windows 10 update and removing/reinstalling the NVidia drivers would correct the problem.

However at the weekend when I tried to login it would sit there for ages (the spinning dots just looping around) and then would finally BSOD with a stop code of Video Memory Management Internal. I tried various ways of rebooting but no luck and then I discovered I had no recovery points to fall back to (I did not spot this was not enabled).

In frustration I performed a reset via the recovery options and at first this went well however during installing windows it would BSOD with the same Video Memory Management Internal stop code.

I'm now stuck with a laptop that I cannot use and was hoping that someone had some suggestions on how I could solve this problem or what my next step could be.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,481 Trailblazer
    Options
    Have you tried the ALT+F10 cold boot recovery outside Windows. Shut the machine completely off. Then turn it on and immediately press and hold the ALT key while tapping the F10 key. A recovery screen should appear. Follow instructions as in the video below. Jack E/NJ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpzLJRAZldA

Jack E/NJ

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    You can also install the driver for the most current version through this site "http://www.nvidia.com.br/download/driverResults.aspx/135728/br"! Before installing, go to the device manager and uninstall by deleting the current driver!
    If it does not work, follow the @JackE!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • JoseCB
    JoseCB Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Thank you for the responses. I tried another reset this morning and it worked this time :o

I had another problem when Windows update completed but a reinstall of the latest NVidia drivers cleared that up.

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,481 Trailblazer
    Options
    Congrats. Yes Win10 sometimes seems to work if you try and try again. =) Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ