Can I take the front panel off my Acer aspire gx-781? how should I get?

kjærsgaard
kjærsgaard Member Posts: 2 New User
edited December 2022 in Aspire and Veriton Desktops
I can see there are the 3 barbs on one side of the cabinet(inside), but is it also on the other side? and how should I get to them if there is?

(Sorry for google translate)
[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Best Answer

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,085 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Hi,
    If you are asking about these plastic tabs, you have to pull them away from the chassis and swing the front bezel like a door to remove it.

• kjærsgaard
    kjærsgaard Member Posts: 2 New User
    yes it was and thanks
  • Willem_
    Willem_ Member Posts: 2 New User
    Hi,
    If you are asking about these plastic tabs, you have to pull them away from the chassis and swing the front bezel like a door to remove it.

Hi Brummy

Do you know how to get the side panel off ? if even possible, i mean the side panel on the backside of motherboard.
    I want to replace the stock CPU cooler but need to put a backplate on there.
    I see almost everything in this case is by the nails (or whatever you call those things) not normal screws.
    I really dont want to take out the whole MB if possible as i just finished putting in a RTX2070 which was an absolute nightmare with this case.

Thanks in advance
  • brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,085 Trailblazer
    Willem_ said:
    Hi,

Hi Brummy

Do you know how to get the side panel off ? if even possible, i mean the side panel on the backside of motherboard.
    I see almost everything in this case is by the nails (or whatever you call those things) not normal screws.
    I really dont want to take out the whole MB if possible as i just finished putting in a RTX2070 which was an absolute nightmare with this case.

Thanks in advance
    Hi,
    Yes, it's hard to remove the panel on the backside of the motherboard, you may have to do a complete disassembly and it means removing the motherboard because the rivets are used in this model. It seems only a panel on one side only removable.

• Willem_
    Willem_ Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited January 2019
    Willem_ said:
    Hi,

Hi Brummy

Thanks in advance
    Hi,
    Yes, it's hard to remove the panel on the backside of the motherboard, you may have to do a complete disassembly and it means removing the motherboard because the rivets are used in this model. It seems only a panel on one side only removable.

Ok thanks mate, not what i wanted to hear but geuss there is no other way then to take the whole thing apart.
    Why they use rivets in this case is beyond me it the dumbest thing iv'e seen in a casing ever.

• BlackAgent12
    BlackAgent12 Member Posts: 1 New User

How hard is the front supposed to be to take off? I’m trying to install an m.2 ssd, and need to be able to remove my gpu to access the m.2 slot and I’m deathly scared of breaking something.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,647 Trailblazer

You don't need to take the front bezel off to install an M.2 drive. Just the side panel. It's is easier of you remove the drive plate and front bezel though. To remove the front bezel you first have to remove the DVD drive...

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.