How can I get all settings in control panel?

Victor_321
Victor_321 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
On my desktop which is using a nvidia graphics card, it has a lot more options than I do on my acer nitro 5 with gtx 1050 ti. I want to make the display to show directly from the dedicated gpu even in the windows.

Answers

• Balatekie
    Balatekie ACE Posts: 1,353 Pioneer
    Hi, By following the steps below, you can set a default graphics card. 

Step One

Open the Nvidia Control Panel. You can do this by right-clicking on the desktop or you can find the option within the notification area of the Taskbar.

How to set a default graphics card

Step Two

Select Manage 3D Settings under 3D Settings.

Step Three

Click on the Program Settings tab and select the program you want to choose a graphics cardfor from the drop down list.

Step Four

Now select the 'preferred graphics processor' in the drop down list (you can see what the automatic option is listed as global setting). If you want to use the dedicated graphics card, select High-performance Nvidia processor.

Note: For ATI/AMD graphics cards the process varies. Open the control center in the same way as above. You may need to open graphics then PowerPlay and set plugged in and/or battery to maximize performance. You can also try going to graphics then 3D and move the slider to performance. Your computer may also have a switchable graphics tab where you can change the settings for individual programs.

:) If you think I've answered your question, please hit the Accept Answer:)