Hard drive failure

JoshP1
JoshP1 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited September 2023 in 2019 Archives
So i have had my computer since november 2017 and it was all fine untill around march where my hard drive failed. After talking to CS i sent it in for repair and received it back afrwr 2 weeks. Since then my hard drive has failed around 6 times between april may and june every 2 weeks. Everytime i send it in get it back 2 weeks later i then have it for a week and ahalf it fails again. It has had everything replaced on it that can be done but still after 2 weeks it breaks. Now i am not using it for hardcore programs or anything just student work and every 2 weeks i lose the ability to acsess my files or do work but yet acer refuse to do anything different. So i was hoping someone can do something for me and help becuase even though i can just send it in every time i get it back byt there is no point in that so please can someone help?

Best Answer

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    JoshP1
    Sorry to hear bout your experience, just to clarify, the Acer Forum Discussions were designed as a peer to peer support community where Acer users help other Acer users. This community is not a direct portal to Customer service, although you will notice that some Acer employees interact with members here.

Please send a private message to Acer-Manny with the serial number of your device so that they can check the case notes and help you address your concerns.
    https://community.acer.com/en/messages/add/Acer-Manny 

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    JoshP1
    Sorry to hear bout your experience, just to clarify, the Acer Forum Discussions were designed as a peer to peer support community where Acer users help other Acer users. This community is not a direct portal to Customer service, although you will notice that some Acer employees interact with members here.

Please send a private message to Acer-Manny with the serial number of your device so that they can check the case notes and help you address your concerns.
    https://community.acer.com/en/messages/add/Acer-Manny 

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • danizfixer124
    danizfixer124 Member Posts: 1 New User
    hard drives are prone to failing due to dropping the laptop, maybe due to a poor ventilation hard drives when is overheating you deal with bad sectors,smart error ,all sorts of things, just put an ssd and maybe is solving all problems