My laptop crashed after I closed down the lid and reopened it after a few minutes. It went to automatic repair loop for hours. After repeated shut down and power on it goes into blank display after "preparing automatic repair" screen. I tried a lot of troubleshooting tips from forums and youtube videos but didn't succeed. I can go into BIOS screen but not to any other mode of interaction (no safe mode, no alt f10, no USB boot)
Out of warranty, Windows 10, 4GM RAM, 2 GB Nvidia GEforce 920M, I3
Troubleshooting Efforts I tried:
1. Connected to TV monitor through HDMI and tried shifting display with windows key + P and Fn key + F5. It didn't work, so disabled laptop screen manually and then display pops up on TV. But stays blank after Acer logo with automatic repair screen
2. Alt + F10 takes me to blank screen again after "Acer logo with Please wait" screen
3. Tried reinstalling windows 10 from USB installation media. Again I get the black screen after windows logo.
4. Tried booting from windows installed an external drive
5. Unplug, battery reset, manual battery disabling, power down for 30 secs: didn't work either.
6. Reseated RAM, Hard drive, Fan, WIFI adapter, Display Screen.
I assume it is something to do with my graphics card(integrated or dedicated NVDIA). Is there any way to enable/disable/update drivers without windows?
Can somebody pour in your possible solution and thoughts that could help me find out the root cause?
I want to have the service center as my last resort.