RAM upgrade Acer Predator Helios 300 - PH317-52

TempleKa
TempleKa Member Posts: 5 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I recently bought the laptop with 8GB RAM and as I saw it comes with 2666Mhz RAM (JEDEC speed 1333Mhz) and it runs at this speed. I wanted to upgrade the memory to 16GB at 2666Mhz but I'm having zero luck. The module I bought, Crucial Ballistix Sport LT is rated at 2666Mhz but only through XMP profile and sadly the laptop doesn't seem to have an option to load XMP profiles. I've been looking around searching for a module that comes with JEDEC 1333Mhz (2666Mhz DDR speed) but the only module I managed to find is the Micron one that is exactly as the other 8GB already in the laptop. Problem is I can't find this module except from EBay and that is without warranty of course.

So my question is this. Where could I get this module from with warranty or is there any other module rated at JEDEC 1333Mhz that I could buy? Most modules rated at 1333Mhz reach that speed only by using XMP.

P.S. I'll try to attach CPU-Z pictures later if needed.

Answers

• TempleKa
    Seems I can't edit my previous post to attach the screenshots so here goes.

Micron module 1st slot and Crucial in 2nd slot                                       

• TempleKa
    Well seems nobody has any ideas. I did manage to contact Acer Service Center here in Romania and hopefully they can order another 8GB module of that OEM Micron. At least I hope they can, I'm still waiting for a reply to my e-mail.
  • JohnCena
    JohnCena Member Posts: 460 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    I do not have any idea.
  • michaeltsai
    michaeltsai Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited July 2018
  • TempleKa
    Well it's been 3 days now and I haven't received any reply to my e-mail from Acer Service Center here in Romania so I'm giving up on them for the moment. They did confirm over the phone, like I said previously, that they can order the part but since I received no answer from the e-mail they requested I don't know what else to do.

On the other hand I found out that the Hyperx Impact modules running at 2666Mhz have that speed both as JEDEC and XMP so I ordered those and will test to see if they actually work. It will take a week though until I actually get the module since they are kind of out of stock around here. I'll post here once I test them to let people know if they work or not.
    It's this module here: https://www.amazon.com/Kingston-Technology-HyperX-2666MHz-HX426S15IB2/dp/B01N7K4CEU
  • newedia
    newedia Member Posts: 1 New User
    So did it work.?

• TempleKa
    newedia said:
    So did it work.?

Yes sort of. Had to sell the original ram and bought 2x8GB Hyperx Impact 2666Mhz that work flawlessly. 
  • milko097
    milko097 Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited November 2019
    Am si eu acelasi laptop 8gb ram. Ce tra sa fac sa pun 16?

I have the same 8gb ram laptop. What am I doing to put 16?

[Edited the content due to personal or inappropriate content. Changed the language from Romanian to English using Google Translator.  Acer-Harvey]