How can I find what motherboard is in my Aspire R 15 laptop.?

nycdarts
nycdarts Member Posts: 2 New User
edited September 2023 in 2019 Archives
Here is description from Best Buy.

Acer - Aspire R 15 2-in-1 15.6" Touch-Screen Laptop - Intel Core i7 - 12GB Memory - NVIDIA GeForce 940MX - 1TB Hard Drive - Steel gray

It won't power on anymore. Geeks said it is power port and that it is part of motherboard so motherboard has to be replaced.

I need to know the correct motherboard to order. Thanks.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,851 Trailblazer
    What is your full R15's model number, R5-471T or R5-571T or R5-xxxx?  Jack E

Jack E/NJ

• nycdarts
    nycdarts Member Posts: 2 New User
    Here's some more info on it and thanks for answering.

SN: NXGKHAA00163703D757200
    SNID: 63701573372

Product: R5-571TG-78G8-US W10HGML64A6T\/I7-7500U\/BT\/GTX 940MX 2G\/12G\/1TB\/4L3.22\/15.6\/TOUCH
  • JackE
    Press the Win key + R. Enter "msinfo32.exe" without the quotes. Note if you have either the I5 or I7 CPU and either one (UMA) or two graphics adapters. Then see the chart below for your mainboard part number. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• xaty
    xaty Member Posts: 2 New User
    It is "NB.GKH11.002".

I have exactly the same issue, Acer quoted me double the price of new product to repair (replacing the mainboard). It is very expensive because of integrated CPU and GPU. Please let me know if you have found any cheaper fix option.
  • JackE
    You might try a mainboard solder-reflow to try to save the mainboard. This could be done yourself or by a local shop. Jack E/NJ  

Jack E/NJ

• xaty
    xaty Member Posts: 2 New User
    JackE said:
    You might try a mainboard solder-reflow to try to save the mainboard. This could be done yourself or by a local shop. Jack E/NJ  
    Thanks, I can try that. I have not tried solder-reflow on a mainboard before, do you have any instructions to share? I do not know where is the problem exactly, so using a heatgun might not feasible. I can use an oven. At what temperature and how long should I heat it? Should I remove any component from mainboard?
  • JackE
    Remove all plastic you can see including jumpers. Bake it in a toaster oven pre-heated to 425*F for about 10 minutes on aluminum foil. Turn off oven and let it cool slowly before taking it out. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• ram148280
    ram148280 Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

just download CPUZ software for specification of your laptop motherboard