acer aspire E5-575G-54MF battery issue

matikzduque
matikzduque Member Posts: 7 New User
edited August 2023 in 2018 Archives
i need to replace and buy a new battery on my laptop charging stuck at 80% and shutting down at 40%. but in my country phillipines doesn't have my laptop battery model i already contact all the acer in my country they said that "we don't have that battery model sir" what should i do?

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    matikzduque 
    Please try a simple power reset and check the issue. Shutdown the laptop. Disconnect the charger. Please check for a battery reset PIN hole at the bottom of the device.The reset hole would have a battery symbol next to it. Insert a paperclip into the hole and press for four seconds. Let the computer sit for 5 minutes with no power. Reconnect the charger, power On the laptop and check the issue.

If the issue persists, open device manager, under the Batteries category, Uninstall "Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery".
    Then in Device Manager taskbar, click Scan for hardware changes. After device manager detects Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Batterycomponent and restores it, restart your computer and issue should be fixed.

Please post back and let me know if you need more help.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • matikzduque
    I already tried the battery reset but the same issue happens. I’ll  try the step 2 as you said later, update you later. Thanks sir 😊
  • matikzduque
    Sharanji said:
    matikzduque 
    Please try a simple power reset and check the issue. Shutdown the laptop. Disconnect the charger. Please check for a battery reset PIN hole at the bottom of the device.The reset hole would have a battery symbol next to it. Insert a paperclip into the hole and press for four seconds. Let the computer sit for 5 minutes with no power. Reconnect the charger, power On the laptop and check the issue.

If the issue persists, open device manager, under the Batteries category, Uninstall "Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery".
    Then in Device Manager taskbar, click Scan for hardware changes. After device manager detects Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Batterycomponent and restores it, restart your computer and issue should be fixed.

Please post back and let me know if you need more help.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
    i already did this 2 steps sir but now its charges only 1% before its 80% and now its 81% still having the issue that its says "13mins to full charge" i tried to charge 1hr but still happens please help another way sir tia :)
  • matikzduque
    before and after