Is my PH517-51-79by PredatorSense is not working

Hristo
Hristo Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
Good day to all. I have the following problem when I paid for this Helios 500, PredatorSense does not work properly. I can not set a turbo on my processor and the games cut me, drop me fps at 20 ...
Even the color gamut can not be set on the keyboard ...
The laptop was purchased 2 days ago.
What needs to be done?

Answers

• Red-Sand
    Red-Sand ACE Posts: 1,892 Pathfinder
    Try installing the Turbo Boost drivers from Acers website for your model and test again after a reboot.

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers
    - Hotel Hero
  • Hristo

Tinkerer

edited July 2018
    Thanks! Тhe turbo is OK but the PredatorSense does not work, I click on the program to load and does not start, I can not adjust the buttons and the colors of the keyboard
  • Red-Sand
    Did you reinstall the turbo boost drivers as suggested? It usually fixes issues with Pred Sense.
    - Hotel Hero
  • JohnCena
    JohnCena Member Posts: 460 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    This hellios 300 and 500 has so much error I suggest be careful 
  • M4rdock
    M4rdock Member Posts: 86 Fixer WiFi Icon
    edited July 2018
    JohnCena said:
    This hellios 300 and 500 has so much error I suggest be careful 
    I call this bullcrap.
    I own helios 500 and have no problems at all, its my favorite laptop since G750.
    Helios 300 is also good unit but it needs to be repasted asap after buying it.
    And im almost sure that my 500 will also benefit from repasting when i finally decide to do it.
    Most problems with laptops are "made" by intel/nvidia/microsoft lately.
    They just have no competition, so they dont even try.
    1803 update especially shows how joke of a company microsoft is.

Anyway @Hristo have you installed newest windows 10 update (1803)?
    If yes then i suggest to roll-back to 1709.
    Immediately after buying it i disabled windows updates, but for some reason, it still turned updates on by itself and downloaded newest 1803.
    After this "awesome" update my idle cpu usage was between 30-40%, and predator sense was using 5gb of ram. 
    Its possible that i had more problems but i rolled back to 1709 after 40 minutes on 1803 (reinstalled drivers etc. to make sure it wasnt "acer" problem) so i cant say for sure.
  • Hristo

Tinkerer

How do I get it back to 1709? Please tell me...
  • M4rdock
    edited July 2018
  • Hristo

Tinkerer

Very Thanks!!!
    I look now. 
  • sri369
    sri369 ACE Posts: 2,623 Pathfinder
    1803 was the reason I upgraded my HOME to PRO... just to be able to defer these feature updates by an year so they are all ironed out.
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045
  • sri369
    sri369 ACE Posts: 2,623 Pathfinder
    M4rdock said:
    Immediately after buying it i disabled windows updates, but for some reason, it still turned updates on by itself and downloaded newest 1803.
    Windows HOME version does not allow deferring any updates - security or feature. You are updated at the will of Microsoft, including rebooting even when you do not want it to.
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045
  • M4rdock
    edited July 2018
    Nah, using services.msc or regedit you can easly disable automatic upgrades.
    You can google plenty of tips how to do it on w10 home :]
  • Red-Sand
    edited July 2018
    You can use the tool "winaero tweaker" to disable specifically driver updates from windows or windows update altogether and it auto modifies registry etc to prevent forced updates.

I run a Helios 300 group on facebook with 3000+ Helios owners and I can confirm that thousands of people use it and it stops the updates cold.

OR

Simply change your wifi connection to a "metered connection" and it disables automatic updates as well.
    - Hotel Hero
  • Hristo

Tinkerer

edited July 2018
    Hi guys. I have no problem anymore.
    I go uninstalled all programmes and now work it... thanks for the information. Thanks all of you!!!