V15 Nitro randomly reboots/restarts

BG_Sherm
BG_Sherm Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
My Acer Aspire V15 Nitro (VN7-591G) randomly restarts without warnings or messages. The first time it happened was when I opened GeForce Experience. I thought I had just misclicked but it happened again while playing games. The audio becomes glitched for half a second, black screens, then the Acer logo pops up. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Best Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    BG_Sherm 
    Please try a simple power reset and check the issue. Shutdown the laptop. Disconnect the charger. Please check for a battery reset PIN hole at the bottom of the device.The reset hole would have a battery symbol next to it. Insert a paperclip into the hole and press for four seconds. Let the computer sit for 5 minutes with no power. Reconnect the charger, power On the laptop and check the issue.

Please post back and let me know if you need more help.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • BG_Sherm

Tinkerer

edited July 2018 Answer ✓
    Hi,
    I did this before and it didn't help. I've decided to do a system restore but the "Get Started" buttons on recovery settings don't do anything. I might be able to boot from a USB when I get the chance. Thanks!
  • BG_Sherm

Tinkerer

I just did a system restore several hours ago from the Automatic Repair screen. It kept showing blue screens when I try to boot from a USB. It hasn't restarted on me since then. I think leaving the laptop unplugged after resetting the battery for a few hours helps but the system restore was the only thing that could fix it for me. Thanks!

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    BG_Sherm 
    Please try a simple power reset and check the issue. Shutdown the laptop. Disconnect the charger. Please check for a battery reset PIN hole at the bottom of the device.The reset hole would have a battery symbol next to it. Insert a paperclip into the hole and press for four seconds. Let the computer sit for 5 minutes with no power. Reconnect the charger, power On the laptop and check the issue.

Please post back and let me know if you need more help.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • BG_Sherm

Tinkerer

Hi,
    I did this before and it didn't help. I've decided to do a system restore but the "Get Started" buttons on recovery settings don't do anything. I might be able to boot from a USB when I get the chance. Thanks!
  • BG_Sherm

Tinkerer

I just did a system restore several hours ago from the Automatic Repair screen. It kept showing blue screens when I try to boot from a USB. It hasn't restarted on me since then. I think leaving the laptop unplugged after resetting the battery for a few hours helps but the system restore was the only thing that could fix it for me. Thanks!
  • BG_Sherm

Tinkerer

I haven't tried playing games yet though and I'm afraid it will probably restart on me once the temperature rises and the fan starts spinning.