Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Scroll continues after I take my hand away

LeskentLeskent Posts: 2Member New User
Hello all,
Hoping to find a solution to a small but irritating problem I've had with my Aspire E5-575 from the beginning, which was 6-8 months ago.  I live chatted with a tech within a few weeks of purchase and he had me make some changes that had seemed to help at the time, but I found later that the problem was still occurring.  When I scroll, often when I stop and take my fingers away, the screen continues to scroll for another few centimetres or so. It's like the screen is on an elastic band and it "bounces" back a bit. Any idea why this could be and how to fix it?  Thank you!

FAQ & Answers

• SharanjiSharanji Posts: 3,782ACE Pathfinder
    Leskent 
    Please try to Disable Windows "Inactive Window Scrolling" Feature. Head to the Settings app and click on the Devices section. Click the Mouse & Touchpad tab. Switch “Scroll inactive windows when I hover over them” to off.
    Also, you may try install the touchpad driver version listed at Acer website :
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/6752?b=1

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • LeskentLeskent Posts: 2Member New User
    Ok, I have tried both of these suggestions and the problem actually seems worse.  Before it would only continue scrolling perhaps a few cm, now it will keep moving for about half the screen. 
    Any other ideas?