Broke laptop, no turns on

makequerra
makequerra Member Posts: 4 New User
edited August 2023 in 2018 Archives
Hello, my laptop did not turn on, a technician  defect the laptop and piece that said I need is 75029015 / ta5y2a, if I change that will be fixed or the chip set will have died and where can I buy it online?  Is a Acer e5-574 thank you 

Best Answer

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    makequerra 
    The individual chipset is not available for purchase. Even if you were able to desolder and resolder a component, it is not an easy task in it's own right with surface-mount components designed for machine assembly and wave soldering, the chips wouldn't be physically compatible.  

If you could please elaborate the issue with your laptop, we will be able to better assist you.

Answers

• Sharanji
    makequerra 
    What is the exact name of the replacement part that you wanr to buy?
    Is it the AC adapter?
  • makequerra
    makequerra Member Posts: 4 New User
    Is a chip, TA5Y2A -75029015  is a voltage regulator for the chipset
  • Sharanji
    Answer ✓
    makequerra 
    The individual chipset is not available for purchase. Even if you were able to desolder and resolder a component, it is not an easy task in it's own right with surface-mount components designed for machine assembly and wave soldering, the chips wouldn't be physically compatible.  

If you could please elaborate the issue with your laptop, we will be able to better assist you.