Aspire Z3-605 make beeping noise when starting, peripherals not working

Options
ajpeters
ajpeters Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

edited March 1 in 2018 Archives
When starting the all in one, a beeping noise starts right at power up. I sounds like a key is pressed, even when nothing is plugged into the USB ports.
Keyboard and mouse do not work, and I have tried several.  Windows comes up but no input or output.  Started the last Friday in June.  Worked perfectly up until then.
There was a thuderstorm that night.

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Options
    ajpeters 
    Disconect the power cable. Press and hold the power button for 10 seconds. Re-connect the power cord.
    If you are using wireless keyboard and mouse, check for a small USB dongle in the USB port, disconnet the USB dongle.
    Power On the computer, when windows come up connect the USB Dongle and chekc if the keyboard and mouse are working, if needed one again restart the computer one with the USb dongle inserted and check the issue.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • ajpeters

Tinkerer

Options
    Did that no difference
    THe beeping starts right at power on. Before bios message.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    How many beeps are given to you? For example: 1 long beep followed by two short beeps!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • ajpeters

Tinkerer

edited July 2018
    Options
    No beep code, just beep beep beep even after os comes up.  Sounds like a key stuck, but no USB ports working. All USB ports empty.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Make sure that in device manager, there is some device with problem!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • ajpeters

Tinkerer

Options
    No usb ports work, no PS 2 Cannot use mouse or keyboard. I will try touch screen
  • ajpeters

Tinkerer

Options
    It isn't a touch screen, No input at all get into windows but cannot get to device manager because I cannot type or use a mouse. all IO is gone

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Make sure to replace the keyboard and mouse if the problem remains!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• ajpeters

Tinkerer

Options
    I have tried several different ones both wireless and wired
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    When a pendrive is connected, hd! Does the computer even recognize these hardware or not? If you do not recognize it, it is very likely that the usb ports or motherboard is faulty!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer