How to fix my laptop that turns into pink and green screen?

Options
Shanieylee
Shanieylee Member Posts: 1 New User
Hi guys? I really need help. How can I fix my laptop that glitching into pink and green screen. I find horrible because I really need to use my laptop now because we have a report this upcoming weekdays. Need help please. I insert a photo in case you can help me. i

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Options
    Shanieylee 
    What is the full model number of your laptop?
    >>First, please try a simple power reset and check the issue. Shutdown the laptop. Disconnect the charger. Please check for a battery reset PIN hole at the bottom of the device.The reset hole would have a battery symbol next to it. Insert a paperclip into the hole and press for four seconds. Let the computer sit for 5 minutes with no power. Reconnect the charger, power On the laptop and check the issue.
    Check with External display.

>> Please uninstall and reinstall the display adapter driver and check the issue.  Right-click on the Start button on the taskbar and then click Device Manager. Expand Display adapters, Right-click on the graphics card entry and then click Uninstall device option. 
    When you get the following confirmation dialog, select Delete the driver software for this device check box and then click Uninstall button. Once the driver is uninstalled, reboot your computer once and let windows install the driver.

>>Try connecting an external monitor to the laptop's HDMI port and see what the display is like.
    If it displays OK then you either have a faulty video cable, a faulty video cable connection at either end motherboard or screen, or a faulty LCD screen.
    If it displays the same as the laptop's screen, then you either have a GPU problem most probably CPU as they are integrated or a motherboard problem.
    Check in BIOS page.

>>Press and hold the Power Button for 5 seconds to turn your computer completely off. Power on the system. As soon as the first logo screen appears, immediately press the F2 key to enter the BIOS. Let me tell you one thing that BIOS has no link with Operating System.
    So, if you notice the vertical lines are still appearing while you entered the BIOS, it means the problem is related to the hardware. If you see no vertical lines in BIOS, it shows that it is a software issue.

If the device is in warranty, please contact Acer support in your region and they will help you fix the issue under warranty.
    Acer Philippines : https://www.acer.com/ac/en/PH/content/service-contact
    Acer Worldwide : http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/ 

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • Jaymaara
    Jaymaara Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Weird enough this got fixed when I turned on the night light (I have an Acer swift 3). I thought night light filters the pink and green light and somehow make them unnoticeable. But that turned out be not the case. Even after turning off the night light, the fix remains intact until I restart the laptop.