Acer Aspire TC-780 No option to run both integrated graphics and discrete graphics in BIOS

dARAGUS
dARAGUS Member Posts: 1 New User
edited December 2022 in Aspire and Veriton Desktops
Hello everyone.

My Acer Aspire TC-780 with BIOS R01-A1 is not recognizing the Intel HD integrated graphics after installing my Gigabyte Geforce GT 1030 video card with drivers.

I checked the BIOS to see what options were there for video input, but it is set only on "discrete" and will not allow me to change it or even select it to tinker with. Is there even a way to get both the discrete GPU and the integrated GPU to both be enabled?

Attached is an image for reference in what I see in the BIOS menu.

I am trying to run three monitors, using only the HDMI port on the video card and the HDMI and VGA ports onboard.

Any help is appreciated!!!!!
 [Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,328 Pathfinder
    edited July 2018
    Hi @dARAGUS

It all depends on the motherboard - which you haven't provided. Some motherboards disable the onboard graphics when a dedicated video card is plugged in, others leave it enabled.  There is no option to enable both the graphics card at the same time on this device.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,421 Trailblazer
    You are correct with the TC-780. You can use the onboard video or a GPU card, but not both.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • BeerNecessities
    BeerNecessities Member Posts: 4 New User

Looking to do the same but with Aspire TC-1760. If any one knows the answer. Options are greyed out in my BIOS as well.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,421 Trailblazer

In general, on all of Acer's designs, you can use either onboard video or a GPU card, not both.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.