edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
Hi people,

I've my brand new ACER HELIOS 300, PREDATOR PH317-51 with below configuration:

Intel i7-7700HQ @ 2,8 GHz.
16 GB RAM
64 bit
Windows 10
1060M 6Gb.

I usually play CS-GO; due to the benchmark videos i should get 250-300 fps easily.
I've played with a 1050 with 230-270 fps.
But what i get is 140 with highest resolution and settings, 170 with 1280x720 lowest (CS-GO FPS BENCHMARK MAP).
I've my predator sense at turbo speed which should adjust my clock speeds etc.
I've tried latest nvidia drivers but now i'm back to 388.16 version which didn't changed much
I've tried throttlestop which helped maybe 5-10 fps but i'm not sure. As i search over many things over 2 weeks it seems like all these applications are like placebo to me.

My cs configs didn't give me much either. tried mat_queue 2 threads 4 multiple cpu on etc. v_syn is off.

NVIDIA settings are set to best performance.

FPS doesn't change dramatically when i lower settings which gave me the idea that cpu is bottlenecking but i'm not sure with this PC configuration. Maybe below during cs-go parameters can tell you something.

I don't think that i've too many applications running on back which can lower fps by 80-100...

I've tried disabling HPET and use timeresolution app.. nothing changed.

My bios which is 1.13, doesn't include any performance optimization as far as i know.

During cs-go
CPU: %40-74C
GPU: %35-57C

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME BEFORE I GET CRAZY ABOUT THIS LOVELY!!! LAPTOP AND BREAK IT, BECAUSE ACER DOESN'T CHANGE THIS ONE WITH A NEW ONE EVEN THOUGH ITS 20 DAYS OLD.

Answers

• MRPREDATOR
    MRPREDATOR Member Posts: 4 New User
    hi, I have the same laptop like your I just bought like a week ago and I play the same game csgo what I did was turn on predator sense turn on turbo set fans on auto and turn on coolboost, then ingame settings I have all on low with 1920x1080 with the expection of gobal shadowing witch I have on very high cuz I like to see there shadow when if there coming from some coners. then open your console and type this in it "fps max 0" and press enter that should unlock the fps in game and give you around over 600 on loading and some areas over 300+ i have over 240-300 when i play and use a coustom config. whitch is in the games folders. exec autoexec.cfg also i type in console so it will run it and that gives me a liitle more fps so try these steps if any questions just ask. but you should also try Youtube videos about better fps in cs go its where you can find alot of answers to your questions!!
  • ruelshakya15
    ruelshakya15 Member Posts: 4 New User
    hi, I have the same problem I did the console thing as well as the autoexe .cfg I still get around 90 -150 fps.i have good thermals and my CPU clock speed is 3.4ghz. My laptop specs are the same. My GPU usage is 0% though at the time it goes up to 23 % after a few seconds it goes back to zero