Aspire E5-575G Random Shutdowns

Options
ehaeghebaert
ehaeghebaert Member Posts: 1 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hello,

I bought an Aspire E5-575G about 11 months ago. Since about a week ago, the laptop has been randomly shutting down when left unplugged (not rebooting, simply turns black). The problem is not consistent - it sometimes occurs after 30 minutes, sometimes it does not for hours. Overheating is not a problem (HWMonitor running). Seems to occur more frequently when streaming content online. The event log does not provide much insight to me. I imagine it would be an issue with the power supply, and am considering replacing the battery. 

Anyone have any insight as to how to identify the problem, if not hardware related or if not necessary to replace the battery? 

Purchased laptop in the US, but currently living in Belgium meaning the warranty does not apply. I move back to the US three days before the warranty expires. 

Event Log pasted below.

Thank you in advance for any troubleshooting assistance. 

- <System>
  <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power" Guid="{331C3B3A-2005-44C2-AC5E-77220C37D6B4}" />
  <EventID>41</EventID>
  <Version>6</Version>
  <Level>1</Level>
  <Task>63</Task>
  <Opcode>0</Opcode>
  <Keywords>0x8000400000000002</Keywords>
  <TimeCreated SystemTime="2018-07-04T13:15:03.024243600Z" />
  <EventRecordID>5555</EventRecordID>
  <Correlation />
  <Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="8" />
  <Channel>System</Channel>
  <Computer>LAPTOP-330AB9IF</Computer>
  <Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />
  </System>
- <EventData>
  <Data Name="BugcheckCode">0</Data>
  <Data Name="BugcheckParameter1">0x0</Data>
  <Data Name="BugcheckParameter2">0x0</Data>
  <Data Name="BugcheckParameter3">0x0</Data>
  <Data Name="BugcheckParameter4">0x0</Data>
  <Data Name="SleepInProgress">0</Data>
  <Data Name="PowerButtonTimestamp">0</Data>
  <Data Name="BootAppStatus">0</Data>
  <Data Name="Checkpoint">0</Data>
  <Data Name="ConnectedStandbyInProgress">false</Data>
  <Data Name="SystemSleepTransitionsToOn">1</Data>
  <Data Name="CsEntryScenarioInstanceId">0</Data>
  <Data Name="BugcheckInfoFromEFI">false</Data>
  <Data Name="CheckpointStatus">0</Data>
  </EventData>
  </Event>

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,152 Trailblazer
    Options
    Hi,
    Could you please check whether the three screws at the service hatch is tightened properly, there's a micro switch( yellow square) which disconnects battery when the service hatch is removed, so you need to check whether the part on the door(red square) properly presses the switch, please read this thread for more information:https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/464023/acer-aspire-e15-keeps-randomly-shutting-down-even-when-i-have-a-full-battery-charge/p3

• Msjournie
    Msjournie Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I've been recently having this same issue! I'll be on my E5-575G for a couple of hours and I'll walk away for a bit and when return I have a black screen on and the key board will light up but that is it. I then had learned that I needed to reset my battery by going thru the pin hole in the back. After a couple of times having to repeat this process, I finally realized that I needed to update my Bios. Along with updating my Bios I also read that I should re calibrate the battery by unplugging the laptop and letting the battery die on its own. I did both on the same day. It seemed to work for a couple of weeks and today it did it again. 

Anyways my laptop doesn't over heat and it sits in 1 spot all the time. 

How can I fix this problem?
  • batteryfixxxxxxxx
    batteryfixxxxxxxx Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options
    Go to Power and Sleep settings then to Additional Power Settings and then Change Plan Settings, Pick "Balanced" - you may need to go to Change Advanced Plan Settings to pick Balanced. Then click restore to default. For some reason if you choose battery saver or performance rather than balanced it dies randomly. After resetting every battery setting I could find to default it now doesn't randomly turn off any longer.