Battery and sound problem

Craxnor
Craxnor Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
Hey I just got an Acer Nitro AN515-51 and for some reason the battery is always plugged in but not charging and the sound will not work without headphones. I have done nearly every single driver update, pc scan, and redownload I can think of. Can anyone help?

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    edited July 2018
    Craxnor 

Please try a simple power reset. Disconnect the charger. Please check for a battery reset PIN hole at the bottom of the device. The reset hole would have a battery symbol next to it. Insert a paperclip into the hole and press for four seconds. Let the computer sit for 5 minutes with no power. Reconnect the charger and check the issue.

For audio issue, open the Device Manager. Expand the "Sound, video & game controllers" and right click on "Realtek High Definition Audio". Select to "Update Driver Software". Click on "Browse my computer for driver software". Click "Let me pick from a list of drivers on my computer". Put a check in the box "Show compatible hardware" if not already checked. In the list of devices, click "High Definition Audio" (the native driver). Click "Next". On the Update Driver Warning box, click "Yes". Restart the laptop and check the audio.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!