Acer Helios 300 stucks on the predator logo everytime I boot it

Options
JustMaT
JustMaT Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

It doesn't show the loading DOTS, and I have to hold the power off button, re start the pc and then it show the dots and start fast as usual..
Anyone knows any fix for this?

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Options
    JustMaT 
    Try to perform a simple power reset and check the issue. Shutdown the laptop. Disconnect the charger. Please check for a battery reset PIN hole at the bottom of the device.The reset hole would have a battery symbol next to it. Insert a paperclip into the hole and press for four seconds. Let the computer sit for 5 minutes with no power. Reconnect the charger, power On the device and check if the issue is resolved.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • Platypoa
    Platypoa Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Options
    I'm having the same issue. When I boot my laptop, it freezes at the "Predator" screen and won't go anywhere. After I hard reset it once, it fire up as fast as normal. It's happening like clockwork. The battery reset didn't do anything. Any support on this?
  • Red-Sand
    Red-Sand ACE Posts: 1,892 Pathfinder
    Options
    Try updating your BIOs once booted up
    - Hotel Hero
  • Platypoa
    Platypoa Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Options
    JustMaT. W/ a little motivation from Red-Sand, I was able to find what solved this issue for me. You need to disable Windows Fast Startup. Your option to uncheck may be grayed out so you'll need to click the administrative option to "Change Settings That Are Currently Unavailable" near the top of the "Define power buttons and turn on password protection" page. Then you should be able to untick the setting. Path as follows: Windows>Settings>Power & Sleep>Additional Power Settings>Choose What The Power Buttons Do>Uncheck Turn on fast startup
  • Red-Sand
    Red-Sand ACE Posts: 1,892 Pathfinder
    Options
    Just a little something I'd like to add just in case you guys want to keep fast startup enabled but want the issue fixed.
    This method will clear the fast startup cache data and allow it to renew itself with your current up to date configuration so fast startup can be used once more.

Fast Startup can be found in the Prefetch folder. Delete the content of this folder leaving only the Layout.ini file. The folder is located in C:\Windows\Prefetch. Once you're done, you should be able to re-enable Fast Startup.
    - Hotel Hero
  • sri369
    sri369 ACE Posts: 2,623 Pathfinder
    Options
    Platypoa said:
    I'm having the same issue. When I boot my laptop, it freezes at the "Predator" screen and won't go anywhere. After I hard reset it once, it fire up as fast as normal. It's happening like clockwork. The battery reset didn't do anything. Any support on this?
    Disable fast startup. Adds an extra few seconds to startup after shut down, just like how all earlier versions of windows used to do. But better than getting stuck with logo and being forced a hard reset.

@Red-Sand Thanks bud for that... never knew of this folder before! Now to purge that folder.... and oops! Forgot i got back to Windows 7 :-)
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045
  • Nishboy
    Nishboy Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    I have the same problem, I tried power resetting, updating the bios, and disabling fast startup, and none have worked. When I turn off the computer and turn it on again immediately, the loading dots appear, however, if it has been a while since I have used the computer, it is stuck on the loading screen.
  • XdxD
    XdxD Member Posts: 1,583 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Options
    I was using my predator helios 300 PH315-51 when I encountered file folder issues that says path is inaccessible. I restarted my computer and that's when the booting up and start-up issue began. Everytime i try to power on my laptop, it only stays and shows the Predator logo and the loading circles on the bottom doesn't appear. 

Tried the battery reset thru the reset pin - didn't work
    Tried enabling D2D under BIOS - didn't work
    ALT+F10 doesn't seem to work at all

This laptop is just barely a year old. 

Acer Tech Support... What is the resolution for this???? 
    This is just a community, not Acer tech support. You can get support from here: http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/
    Trying to do my best here - Your happy Predator owner =)!
  • Hithesh
    Hithesh Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Nishboy said:
    I have the same problem, I tried power resetting, updating the bios, and disabling fast startup, and none have worked. When I turn off the computer and turn it on again immediately, the loading dots appear, however, if it has been a while since I have used the computer, it is stuck on the loading screen.
    Hey man ,I have the same problem as yours.
    Were you able to fix the problem?
    If you did, can you please tell me the way?
  • PRGA9
    PRGA9 Member Posts: 28 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Options
    So what's the fix any one know ? Plz Answer to help a poor guy ! 
  • xapim
    xapim ACE Posts: 7,257 Pathfinder
    edited November 2021
    Options
    PRGA9 this thread has 3 years old i suggest you to open a new thread about your particular issue with your full model number :)

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/11532543

UserBenchmarks: Game 43%, Desk 61%, Work 40%
    CPU: Intel Core i5-7300HQ - 63.5%
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 1050-Ti (Mobile) - 41.9%
    SSD: WDC WDS200T2B0B-00YS70 2TB - 71.4%
    HDD: WD WD10SPZX-00HKTT0 1TB - 93.7%
    RAM: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2666 C15 2x16GB - 76.8%
    MBD: Acer Predator G3-572

I'm not an Acer employee. (just here to help in the best way i can)
    If my answer fixed you issue please accept it for any other users who search for it would find it quickly thanks :)
    If you want to learn more about undervolting/optimizing windows join the Predator fb group and youtube channel:

Owner/Admin (HOTEL HERO/Red-Sand/Opoka Opoka)
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/PredatorHelios300
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNJwGUHxSJ8FKqAhnOqQuAw
    Acer support:
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/  

• Firmino
    Firmino Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Hithesh said:
    Nishboy said:
    Hey man ,I have the same problem as yours.
    Were you able to fix the problem?
    If you did, can you please tell me the way?
    I've solved this problem by replacing the internal 
    SSD. It had a SSD ATA 128GB.