XB217HU Light Bleed Normal?

DVZMB
DVZMB Member Posts: 1 New User
edited February 14 in 2018 Archives
Hi All,

I purchased this monitor a week ago and have been loving it so far. My only issue is this light bleed at the bottom of the monitor that is only visible during dark scenes or loading screens. Is this something that should justify a return/exchange or normal for an IPS display? (Picture taken in a dark room to show areas of light bleed.)
are
Thank you!

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,444 Trailblazer
    Some are better/worse than others. Just google "XB217HU" "bleed" with the quotes. And then decide for yourself if you want to live with it --- gamble on an exchange for less bleed and hopefully no other issues --- or a refund. Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• Cerilia
    Cerilia Member Posts: 28 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Out of interest whats the build date? Its on the side of the box.
  • VarHyid
    VarHyid Member Posts: 26 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    edited July 2018
    If you're interested in build dates and bleed, I just bought two of those monitors, both with zero bleed. Here's a picture:

I left the cursor on the screen so you won't say that the screen is off ;) Also, below the same picture with deliberately boosted brightness (+150% in Photoshop, obviously the screen doesn't look like that in reality):

The second screen looks just as good. One was manufactured in March 2018 and the other in April 2018.