The new EB321HQU has no sound

Options
AlvinLen
AlvinLen Member Posts: 1 New User
edited February 22 in 2020 Archives
Just bought the EB321HQU, connected using HDMI to the Swift3 and no sound from the monitor speaker.  Any suggestion?

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Options
    AlvinLen 
    First, please check if this specific model has an internal speaker.
    Verify that HDMI audio is your default playback device selected on the Windows* Sound Control Panel
    From the Windows desktop taskbar, right-click on the speaker icon to view the menu.
    The Windows Sound Control Panel will open. The Playback tab lists the audio playback devices for your computer.
    Check if HDMI Audio is set as the Default Device. If not set as the default device, right-click on the device and select Set as Default Device.
    Click OK to save changes.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• ite
    ite Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options
    Same problem with the same Device, im using Dell inspiron N5110 Windows 10 connected to the Acer eb321hqu Curved over HDMI cable
    No sound, dont know if i should send the screen back

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    I don't see anything in the specs to say that there are speakers in those monitors. Can you give us the full model number?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • ite
    Options
    billsey said:
    I don't see anything in the specs to say that there are speakers in those monitors. Can you give us the full model number?
    i bought this screen from Amazon ModelNumber is: UM.JE1EE.009
    acer Model: EB321QUR
    i can see in the screen setting that there is sound and my Laptop detect the screen speakers but there is no sound coming out

• ite
    Options
    any suggestions?

• billsey
    Options
    I can't find more detail on it, though I do see where the speakers are likely located on the back. You have told Windows to output to that port and set the volume full? Is there volume control in the monitor menu?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • ite
    Options
    billsey said:
    I can't find more detail on it, though I do see where the speakers are likely located on the back. You have told Windows to output to that port and set the volume full? Is there volume control in the monitor menu?
    yes i did, i can see the screen name as my default speakers, in the screen settings sound is 100..
    i tried new install to all my drivers,replaced my hdmi cable with another, but nothing helps 
  • chiusday
    chiusday Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I'm having the same issue. It is the default audio device in Control Panel -> Hardware and Sound -> Playback. Volume is 100 in Volume Mixer. Please help
  • parivardhandangi
    parivardhandangi Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Hi @ACER,

Can you please fix this issue ? The product claims to have speakers , but they are not working. I bought the same model , EB321HQU in October 2018. I use a macbook pro to connect with the monitor via HDMI provided . The speakers are not working. Actually there are two problems, kindly help with them -

1. Internal speakers of monitor not working.
    2. Tatasky on browser not working.

Kindly resolve the speaker issue and get back.
  • Andris1k94
    Andris1k94 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Hi!

Just bought my monitor yesterday and I have the same issue (only difference I connected it via DisplayPort 1.2).
    My GPU is Radeon R9 390 and I am running latest Radeon Drivers with Windows 10 Build 1803 (also with latest updates as of November 2018). Audio is turned to 100% in the monitors UI and there is no sound.

Btw, sound is working when i connect my headphones to the monitors 3.5m jack so this means that audio signal is coming from PC > via DP > Monitor > 3.5m Jack (therefore I can assume that DP cable and everything on the PC side is ok).

I tried re-install audio drivers, tweaking all of the possible Windows Audio Settings - Audio device shows ups as EB321HQ (AMD High Definition Audio) and in the properties is states HDMI connection for some reason. I would appreciate any help!

P.S. I will test audio using HDMI later today.
  • Andris1k94
    Andris1k94 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Hi!

Just bought my monitor yesterday and I have the same issue (only difference I connected it via DisplayPort 1.2).
    My GPU is Radeon R9 390 and I am running latest Radeon Drivers with Windows 10 Build 1803 (also with latest updates as of November 2018). Audio is turned to 100% in the monitors UI and there is no sound.

Btw, sound is working when i connect my headphones to the monitors 3.5m jack so this means that audio signal is coming from PC > via DP > Monitor > 3.5m Jack (therefore I can assume that DP cable and everything on the PC side is ok).

I tried re-install audio drivers, tweaking all of the possible Windows Audio Settings - Audio device shows ups as EB321HQ (AMD High Definition Audio) and in the properties is states HDMI connection for some reason. I would appreciate any help!

P.S. I will test audio using HDMI later today.
    Ok, after some more digging around i was able to find Product identifications from the serial number:
    Model P/N:MM.T5NEE.008 / MMT5NEE008
    Quick specs:F - 80CM 31.5" W, EB321HQUAWIDP

https://snlookup.com/acer-eb-eb321hqu-monitor-mm-t5nee-008-p102758?sn=MMT5NEE008825011423E00#ffs-tabbed-15

On this site I also downloaded some Monitor Drivers - which do not have any executable installer (only driver files which i assume have to be added as legacy drivers?)

Also - Monitors User Manual states that audio controls are only for Earphones:

Volume Up / Down
    Press to adjust volume (Only Earphone Mode).
  • GigoloSoldier
    GigoloSoldier Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    I also have a ED323QUR Abidpx (UM.JE3AA.A01) from Amazon that will not play sound. The volume on the monitor and windows is at 100%, I have tried changing sound settings in the windows manager, changing between HDMI and DP, updating windows and AMD display drivers, using different ports on the GPU etc. I just updated win 10 and went to the Acer driver page and force installed the official drivers for my monitor. My Asus monitor was playing sound from HDMI just fine before i switched to this monitor, it definitely seems to be an issue with the Acer monitor.

System
    Windows 10 Pro
    Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD5
    AMD FX-8370
    XFX RX 580 GTS XXX
  • billsey
    Options
    Have you tried a cable between audio out on the computer and the audio in jack on the monitor?
  • mekenig
    mekenig Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Same issue. Tried audio cable from computer to speaker jack. No sound from monitor speakers. Made sure I could hear audio with headphones from speaker jack on computer. Nothing from monitor.
  • billsey
    Options
    In Windows can you select the monitor as the output device when it's plugged in? They won't automatically switch pretty often.
  • EquipT
    EquipT Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I too have purchased An EB321HQU and I'm having sound issues as well with my X-box and my lap top I've been up and down the trouble shooting prosses listed in the comments above, is there a fix?