update intel graphics on Nitro AN515-53

Orillion
Orillion Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
i know there is an updated driver for the intel graphics in my Nitro AN515-53 other than the one there is on acers site.

the newest version is 24.20.100.6136

ive tried the ones i can find on intel´s site and they did not work.

How can i update to this version ?

Best Answer

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,086 Trailblazer
    Hi,
    Intel drivers are made for different platforms but Acer driver is made especially for AN515-53 model, so it's better to use Acer driver than intel driver, if you couldn't install Intel driver, it means it's not compatible with your laptop and no point in trying to use it.
  • laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,046 Trailblazer
    edited July 2018
  • runboy93
    runboy93 Member Posts: 53 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
  • Orillion
    Orillion Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

runboy93 said:
    It worked.

actuly forgot this method.

• flying_night_slasher
    flying_night_slasher Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Wait, Intel released DCH driver's and they say that using the zip method will make my PC unstable I looked at my thing and I have legacy driver's and when I used the DSA program to get the driver's it said that it's not validated for my PC despite it working in the past and for a few month's it said that (I don't remember exactly what it said but I'll try) "A customized driver was installed please go the manufacturer's website for the driver's for your device Intel Driver Support Assistant can't update this driver." and when I look at the Acer driver's page I'm not even seeing a graphic's driver so what do I do?
  • andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    edited October 2019
    Wait, Intel released DCH driver's and they say that using the zip method will make my PC unstable I looked at my thing and I have legacy driver's and when I used the DSA program to get the driver's it said that it's not validated for my PC despite it working in the past and for a few month's it said that (I don't remember exactly what it said but I'll try) "A customized driver was installed please go the manufacturer's website for the driver's for your device Intel Driver Support Assistant can't update this driver." and when I look at the Acer driver's page I'm not even seeing a graphic's driver so what do I do?

Leave the dedicated intel GPU drivers alone, the base Acer driver is fine, instead update the Nvidia GPU from here. The Intel GPU is configured for your model and only runs routine functions. Your Nvidia GPU is the important one, it runs your games and demanding programs
    https://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• theforgetfulbuddha
    theforgetfulbuddha Member Posts: 3 New User
    edited September 2020
    runboy93 said:
    In the read me file and on their site Intel says this is a HORRIBLE IDEA because it will not install the graphics control panel for the intel video chip and will not allow the video devices to hand off correctly. 

I've tried intel and acer's packages and I get the messages either that one or more drivers failed to install OR I get your PC dons't meat the requirements..... This sounds like a MAJOR ***** UP SOMEWHERE and I'm bout to return this laptop. 
  • @theforgetfulbuddha Do this:a) download the dch driver: https://downloadmirror.intel.com/29808/a08/igfx_win10_100.8587.zipb) then, disable the wireless network card and then go to the device manager and then uninstall and delete the intel driver;c) then restart windows and install the latest driver.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)